By Alan Lake (Jazzfood)
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 2 lbs. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 12 oz. crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 bunch basil
- 16 slices of Provolone cheese
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
2. Cook down until all vegetables are soft.
3. Add crushed tomatoes and basil and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Adjust seasonings.
5. In the meantime, cook lasagna noodles in salted and oiled water to al dente, drain and shock in cold water.
6. Add 2 oz. of the pasta water to the vegetables.
7. Oil casserole dish lightly with olive oil.
8. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the vegetable mixture on bottom.
10. Spread 2 cups of vegetables over noodles.
11. Place eight slices of Provolone over vegetables.
12. Repeat the layers ending with vegetables.
13. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
14. Bake in 400-degree oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.