LTH Home

Lincoln Park...another one bites the dust

Lincoln Park...another one bites the dust
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Lincoln Park...another one bites the dust

Post #1 - February 14th, 2007, 9:17 am
    Post #1 - February 14th, 2007, 9:17 am Post #1 - February 14th, 2007, 9:17 am
    Stopped into salt and pepper yesterday and it had been about a year or two since my previous visit and I was shocked to see a new menu. I said to myself "this cant be good" gone are the top notch breakfast sandwichs (Now they use scrambled eggs with cheese and meat mixed in) and good diner cheeseburgers. I didnt know what to do so I decided to try what I remember being good and ordered a cheeseburger with a side of tots ($1.00/extra!) Out came the meal and with it came one burnt bun and literally, yes I counted them, 13 tator tots. I knew immediatley upon looking at my plate that S & P was no more. Its no news that LP has been flooded with garbage for a while but a few spots like Athenian room, Branko's, doggie diner, red rooster, Dee's and maybe one or two more were able and have been able to hold off the subways, jamba juices and qdobas and continue to do what they do right but salt and pepper is no longer in that group, just thought Id let it be known.
  • Post #2 - November 29th, 2018, 7:10 am
    Post #2 - November 29th, 2018, 7:10 am Post #2 - November 29th, 2018, 7:10 am
    Dee’s, a Lincoln Park Chinese Staple For 35 Years, Is Closing Its Dining Room. The delivery and take-out operations will continue.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/11/28/18 ... g-armitage
    Hors D'oeuvre: A ham sandwich cut into forty pieces.
    - Jack Benny
  • Post #3 - November 29th, 2018, 10:11 am
    Post #3 - November 29th, 2018, 10:11 am Post #3 - November 29th, 2018, 10:11 am
    Is DePaul no longer a neighborhood?
  • Post #4 - November 30th, 2018, 9:32 am
    Post #4 - November 30th, 2018, 9:32 am Post #4 - November 30th, 2018, 9:32 am
    funkyfrank wrote:Is DePaul no longer a neighborhood?

Lincoln Park is used far, far more frequently as the name for that neighborhood than DePaul is (although Lincoln Park is a bit bigger, extending all the way from the river to the lake). Coincidentally, just last night I was at a reception when I encountered three different individuals who live near DePaul, and all three referred to it as Lincoln Park.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more