LTH Home

Otom (was: Moto 2.0?)

Otom (was: Moto 2.0?)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Otom (was: Moto 2.0?)

- July 24th, 2007, 11:42 pm
    - July 24th, 2007, 11:42 pm Post #1 - July 24th, 2007, 11:42 pm
    BryanZ wrote:I was almost shocked the cooks could physically assemble the dishes so quickly. I'm all about efficiency, especially as a solo diner, but this was a bit much.

While I would agree that this pacing is far to fast, even for a single. I think I can explain why your dishes came out so fast. It is the general tendency in the professional kitchen to fire the smaller tables faster, with a 1 top being at the head of the line. Basically, it is easier to time and, in general, the smaller the table, the faster the party will progress through the meal. While none of these are absolute, they are usually right on the mark. Sounds to me like pretty much everything was put in as an order-fire, your tickets were bumped to the head of a lot of deuces and larger tables you got your food as soon as it came up. It is, however, entirely the responsibility or the restaurant and server to make sure that the diner, single or otherwise, are not rushed. Obviously, I do think that more time and more meals are required before any decisions are made on weather or not this is a chronic problem.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more