LTH Home

D'Candela (formerly La Granja)--Peruvian rotisserie + more

D'Candela (formerly La Granja)--Peruvian rotisserie + more
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 5 of 5 
  • Post #121 - December 6th, 2018, 12:14 pm
    Post #121 - December 6th, 2018, 12:14 pm Post #121 - December 6th, 2018, 12:14 pm
    ekreider wrote:Now open at 3447-49 W. Irving Park Road.

Parking will be an issue at this location as the north-south streets at either end of the block are 24-hour resident parking only and there are not many metered spaces on their block.

I'd wondered about parking at the new location for the very reasons you mention. It was always easy on Kedzie, even more so because it's a smaller, less busy street than Irving Park. I do order delivery fairly often but I also liked that driving to the restaurant was relatively easy when they were on Kedzie. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

=R=
    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #122 - December 10th, 2018, 11:01 am
    Post #122 - December 10th, 2018, 11:01 am Post #122 - December 10th, 2018, 11:01 am
    FWIW, our group of four thoroughly enjoyed our meal here this past Saturday night at the new location on Irving Park Road. I got some side eye looks when we pulled up to the new store front(s) and literally there was one person inside at 7 PM, but the chicken was stellar, laquered brown with a great depth of flavor. Beef fried rice and even a sirloin steak ordered (huge portion, almost ridiculous in fact) were just fantastic and we left more than stuffed with plenty of leftovers for less than $60. BYOB remains and now both "sides" of the rooms are the same, a little sparse probably due to just having moved the Tuesday before we were there but nonetheless, still a destination. Parking also proved quite easy.
  • Post #123 - December 10th, 2018, 2:11 pm
    Post #123 - December 10th, 2018, 2:11 pm Post #123 - December 10th, 2018, 2:11 pm
    Live walking distance and didn't even know it was there. Definitely gonna give it a try very soon.

FYI, parking should be very easy in this area. Not heavily congested and lots of available street parking on Irving.
  • Post #124 - December 11th, 2018, 4:52 pm
    Post #124 - December 11th, 2018, 4:52 pm Post #124 - December 11th, 2018, 4:52 pm
    We just visited the new location on Irving Park. It's a big improvement. Still a 2-part dining area, but both sides are well appointed and comfortable, and the total space is bigger. Food has not suffered from the move: empanadas were flaky and delicious, rotisserie chicken was the usual tasty skin and moist bird, and aji de gallina was good as always (although it could have been warmer).

The new digs allow us to bring a few friends who are a bit fussier about atmosphere (sigh) to experience D'Candela. I wish the owners all the best and am looking forward to a return trip!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more