LTH Home

El Chapin [was Tierra Caliente, was Carniceria Leon]

El Chapin [was Tierra Caliente, was Carniceria Leon]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • El Chapin [was Tierra Caliente, was Carniceria Leon]

- January 9th, 2010, 3:44 pm
    - January 9th, 2010, 3:44 pm Post #1 - January 9th, 2010, 3:44 pm
    Man, I had a middling experience here today. Its right in my hood and I've had transcendent tacos here in the past. With this thread in play lately, I couldn't resist a Saturday afternoon lunch stop. G Wiv's theory of pastor doneness in relation to busyness of the counter was validated today as I witnessed layers of undercooked, red-stained pork being cut from an exhausted-looking trompo and finished hastily on the griddle. No pineapple in sight. I should have known better. Also, despite the crowds, asada was not being grilled to order and I received a taco promptly assembled from a holding pan. Fortunately the meat was not dried out, tough, gristly, or excessively greasy, but lacked a discernible char flavor or appearance. I ordered the "campechano" and received a mix of asada and pastor- which, by the way, is listed on the menu just as such, so I cannot blame them for false advertising, but I was hoping to receive the mythical chorizo and carnitas hybrid taco. So disappointed I couldn't even eat it, I took it to go for a nosh with less scruples to be had after 2 am later tonight. Watching some of the kitchen habits of those guys during a rush period might also be enough to turn me off from the place. At least they had the charred jalapenos today, which at this point, after a few unsuccessful runs, might be my only reason to return to Tierra Caliente. Boo.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more