LTH Home

Graham Elliot's

Graham Elliot's
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - June 8th, 2008, 4:55 pm
    - June 8th, 2008, 4:55 pm Post #61 - June 8th, 2008, 4:55 pm
    We were also there on Saturday evening, and I would say that I have mixed feelings about the food. To start, we ordered the spicy buffalo chicken, the risotto, and the gnocchi. For our entrees we had the honey and lavender chicken and the pork chop. We had the chocolate peanut butter brownie and the rice krispies for dessert. Not overly adventurous, but we brought our two year old daughter, and we always try to order stuff that she will likely eat as well. Unfortunately, that made the beef tartare off-limits per my wife.

Outside of maybe Budweiser foam and Pabst-braised onions (eatchicago -- at least you knew two of the beers already in house), there seemed to less creative license than I was hoping for with the whole comfort-food vibe. The menu descriptions were very straightforward, and I felt the execution on nearly all the dishes ended up being straightforward as well. None of the dishes had the synergy I was hoping for.

The service was very good for the infancy of the place, and everyone was very accommodating to our daughter. I thought the room was comfortable, although I was a bit surprised by the music. From ChefGEB's pre-opening description of the place, the last things I expected to hear were Juice Newton and Neil Diamond. :D All kidding aside, I would like to return sans daughter to more fully explore the place, including the cocktail menu and the bar snacks.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more