LTH Home

Graham Elliot's

Graham Elliot's
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - June 4th, 2008, 11:10 am
    - June 4th, 2008, 11:10 am Post #61 - June 4th, 2008, 11:10 am
    Had a great dinner last night at GE with my fiance.

Between the service and food, it was one of the better experiences we have had dining in the year+ we have been in Chicago.
    Especially impressive was that this was during the first week.

Briefly on the food:

-Caesar was tasty and tangy and well plated. Brioche Twinkie was a nice nod
    -Beet salad was great, perhaps one of the best composed salads w/ beets I have had
    -Steak tartare was well seasoned and came together nicely w/ the bernaise panna cotta. Great but I may have liked the less doled up tartare I had last week at Sepia. But that is just me, I enjoy raw meat on a plate all by itself :)
    -Gnocchi- this was a dish where I thought chef got a bit carried away. I think it could have been great w/ either asparagus or pasta- not both. (Truffles, and egg, and prob more rounded it out)
    -Buffalo chicken- chef nailed this. A few breast nuggets on a celery/fennel and blue cheese slaw. Awesome
    -Scallops w/ beans and eggplant and couscous. This was the one entrée we had and was very nicely sized. Scallops were cooked perfectly and the eggplant imparted the smoky tang that I was looking for (there was no chorizo crusting offered)
    -Brownie dessert was decadent and great. I am sure you would want to eat every dessert but we were too full.

Room is loft like and large. A bit cavernous. Could get very, very loud on a Saturday. Entrees are in the low $30s- which I think is fine but may make some chicagoans balk.

Wine list is small and very well priced. Menu is awesome but where was the foie?

It was one of the restaurants that I am very much looking forward to returning to frequently. It hit the spot!

Chico

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more