LTH Home

Mado [Rob & Allison Levitt]

Mado [Rob & Allison Levitt]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Mado [Rob & Allison Levitt]

- May 12th, 2008, 11:07 am
    - May 12th, 2008, 11:07 am Post #1 - May 12th, 2008, 11:07 am
    We ate at Mado on Friday evening with some friends. We had an 8:30-8:45 reservation and after a short wait at the bar, were finally seated. They were completely packed and bustling.
    We started out with the meat platter, which came with 4 different kinds of delicious meats, my favorite being the beef shank terrine. We also had the sunchokes, and the bone marrow crustini or something on bread. All were delicious, but portions were small for sharing w/4 people. So...we ordered more appetizers! This time, we had the gnocchi, the scallop, the watercress salad and one more which I can't recall. They were delicious.
    Then for entrees, 2 had the hangar steak, my husband had the porchetta-seasoned perfectly, and our friend had the trout.
    We all enjoyed our meals here, the food was fresh and delicious. Loved that it's BYO and would like it to stay that way but I'm sure it will not. Not sure if we'll be back after they get the license because it's kind of pricey. Wish portions were bigger but you can't really complain when the food is local and fresh and tasty. Desserts were ok in my opinion but I'm not one to ask because I am not that big of a fruity dessert fan. I like my chocolate.
    Good time, and love that I can take the blue line from my house to get here...

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more