LTH Home

The Big Baby—A Chicago Burger Style from the SW Side

The Big Baby—A Chicago Burger Style from the SW Side
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - February 6th, 2013, 2:59 pm
    - February 6th, 2013, 2:59 pm Post #121 - February 6th, 2013, 2:59 pm
    I have to third Rene's recommendation. I've passed by this Nicky's hundreds of times, but only stopped in there once, to get a hot dog. My neighborhood choice for Big Babies has always been Jacky's on 5415 S. Pulaski. I still think they have a great Big Baby, so if you happen to find yourself on Pulaski looking for one, that's your best bet. However, today, after making a pitstop to Archer Liquors, I remembered this thread and went a couple blocks down Archer for a Big Baby. I have a bit more enthusiasm than Rene about this one. If Big Babies could be life-changing, this would be the one. It was as if I was tasting a Big Baby for the first time. Simply transcendant. The onions are what sealed it for me. They were the sweetest, most caramelized onions I have ever seen on a Big Baby. Properly brown (Rene mentions they're not browned, but mine were definitely beyond "golden" and dark), without being burnt, juicy, and generous. Crisp griddled patty, oozing cheese, griddled sesame bun. This may be the best fast food burger I've had in a long, long time.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more