LTH Forum Holiday Party

Posted June 10th 2010, 7:03pm
Kennyz wrote:...a couple of doors north at The Bristol, they make a damn fine burger with some just-as-fine fries. It might well be the best burger I've had in this town.

Tweet that and I'll try Bristol's burger too ;)

(actually I've had the Bristol burger, and I vaguely don't remember that it was fine, but not memorable - and the fries were good)

Leek
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT IT CHANGES THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG.
American Brittany Rescuealways needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog.
Posted July 20th 2010, 6:27pm
Kennyz wrote:I haven't had the Duchamp burger, but a couple of doors north at The Bristol, they make a damn fine burger with some just-as-fine fries. It might well be the best burger I've had in this town.

I stopped into the Bristol last night expecting to have a burger and was surprised to find it no longer on the menu. The waiter said the city found their wood burning grill a safety hazard and apparently they weren't getting the same results with a conventinal grill. So no more burger. We had a very nice meal nonetheless, the roasted summer squash and baby back ribs were especially good.
Posted February 28th 2012, 2:45am

After just having a very nice meal there last week, I was surprised to read that Duchamp had served its last meal Sunday night.

Arugula persimmon, bacon lardon, warm goat cheese, hazelnut vinaigrette

Country Terrine house-pickled vegetables, whole grain mustard, crostini

Butternut Squash Risotto apple, candied pecan, beech mushrooms, foie butter, truffle oil

Seared Foie Gras pine nut whiskey cake, sauternes-cranberry cordial

Steak Frites grilled hanger steak, demi-glace, herbed compound butter, crispy romano frites

Dark Chocolate Mousse caramel, peanut butter, caramelized white chocolate

Parfait

chicago.eater.com wrote:After more than four years, Duchamp served its last meal Sunday night and is now officially closed. Co-owner Jason Freiman said the timing and price were right to sell the business. The new owner will reconcept while Freiman and his partners focus on their other spots, Bangers & Lace, The Anthem and their forthcoming Hubbard Street restaurant and bar.

DearestChicago on Twitter
Posted February 28th 2012, 4:52pm
I loved Duchamp's patio. Hopefully the new owners will utilize the space.
Home Cookin'

Online Information