LTH Home

Margie's Beef Reopens

Margie's Beef Reopens
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Margie's Beef Reopens

- November 19th, 2008, 10:56 am
    - November 19th, 2008, 10:56 am Post #1 - November 19th, 2008, 10:56 am
    Stopped by for a Polish, beef and sausage with MikeG on the side. My Polish looked significantly less delicious than ReneG's in the original post: much drier looking (and appearances were not deceiving), probably due to the final fry step that stevez mentions and vows to avoid. Fries were comparable to Jimmy's.

This was probably the least comfortable dining experience in memory. Despite the company, eating standing up in a corrugated steel bunker with a door stuck open and cold north winds sweeping in is about as pleasure-defeating an eating experience as I can remember.

I had a "lime green" beverage that, I swear, tasted like disinfectant, as though they had accidentally slapped the wrong canister of liquid into the soda machine.

Not at all writing this place off, but I wouldn't consider going back to Margie's before the geese come back to the Midwest. I mean, this is a cold damn place to eat, though the people behind the counter were very warm and friendly (if only they carried sidearms, this place might be a suitable candidate for a GNR :D).
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more