yes, it's been a bit since i've last updated everyone. it has been a busy year for us. we've had some new additions to our menu and a couple of new additions to our family as well. =) my brother had a son in november. my daughter is now one. my, how the time flies.... =P our winter season dishes are back, so if you're in the mood for pork belly with taro or some of our homemade bacon, come on over! several of our new menu items include our pan seared tofu w/ garlic and bean paste sauce and fresh tofu skin rolls. both are vegetarian and both are finished products of items from our tofu factory, sun xien soy.
our neighborhood's lunar new year parade will be on february 16th beginning at 1pm. besides floats, shaolin monks, and dragons, we will of course have firecrackers to help us kick off the year of the snake. this year, there will also be someone around passing out "red envelopes" filled with "lucky" items. tradition dictates that children receive lucky red envelopes from their parents and elders as a sign of luck and hope for them in the coming year. we have changed up the tradition a little bit so that everyone in the neighborhood can be included. the contents of the envelope will be a coupon from one of the neighborhood businesses. these are limited edition coupons and every envelope will have a coupon from a different business. if you are in the neighborhood, drop on by to see the show and support our local businesses. =)
our annual chinese new year's feast is now open for reservations. i've posted the rules below. hope to see some of you there!
1. the feast will take place on sunday, february 10, 2013 and monday, february 11, 2013. you will have the option of one of the dates. we will start seating at 6:30pm and dinner will begin at 7pm.
2. there will be 120 seats available each evening. if i hit the maximum, you will be placed on a waiting list. i will let you know if you are on the waiting list.
3. the seats are a first come first serve reservations only. YOU WILL NOT GET A SEAT IF YOU ARE NOT ON MY LIST!!! so, no trying to sneak in.... >=)
4. seats are paid in advanced and non-refundable after friday, february 8, 2013 at 5pm. cancellations will be given to those at the top of the waiting list. parties on the waiting list whose number is bigger than the cancellation will have first right option. after that it will go on to the next party on the list.
5. you may pay in person (cash or credit card) or you can pay over the phone with a visa or master. we do not take any other credit cards. no checks are accepted.
6. you may buy a whole table, each table will seat 10. if you are a small party, we will arrange for other small parties to sit with you. if you buy the whole table, you can sit more than 10 at your table, but we will not be responsible if there is not enough to eat. =)
7. the feast menu will not be posted until monday, february 4, 2013 on our website http://www.sunwahbbq.com
8. cost of the feast this year will be $30/person, tax included. gratuity and drinks are separate. if you do not purchase a drink or any other extras, we would prefer cash for the gratuity. make's the servers' lives easier. you may byob, server will charge bottle fees at the end of the meal.
9. we do not have parking still. please do not ask us (again) if we have parking. be aware you should allow time to find parking. there is usually parking along some of the side streets and on argyle there is meter parking. public transportation is always a plus. we are right off the red line. =)
please do not post or pm me on the boards with questions or to make a reservation. calling is the only way to make the reservation. we would prefer to not have anyone's sensitive information out there if we can help it. also, i don't always answer posts, pms, or messages from the forum.
we sincerely wish everyone a happy year of the snake, gung hay fat choy!