LTH Home

Great One-Two Punches

Great One-Two Punches
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - June 15th, 2011, 8:52 am
    - June 15th, 2011, 8:52 am Post #121 - June 15th, 2011, 8:52 am
    happy_stomach wrote: I wasn't hungry, so I'll let my dining companions chime in if there was anything noteworthy.

First the good: If you happen upon the lovely Cheap Tart in your travels, don't pass her by. I was fortunate to run into her at the Whole Foods on Broadway on Saturday as well and had a bite of a brandied cherry tart that changed my day, if not my life! And the pops that we sampled from the Truck Show were wonderful--perfect crust and delicious fillings (the lemon ginger was my favorite). And she delivers!!!

Not likely to make a return trip to Frontier but I thought that both the dill habanero pickles (crisp, nice balance, although no noticeable heat) and the deviled eggs (a nice bite, "devil" was fluffy but substantial, also nicely balanced between sweet and savory) were satisfying. Oysters didn't taste particularly fresh, lollipop wings were over-fried and batter was all crunch, no flavor (good chunky side of whipped blue cheese though) and goat tacos were flavorless and tough [/b]

BUT 15 y/o Pappy curbside was just right!

This is how all Tuesday nights should end.

Definitely!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more