LTH Home

Patty's Diner - Not closing anytime soon

Patty's Diner - Not closing anytime soon
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Patty's Diner - Not closing anytime soon

- April 22nd, 2009, 9:26 am
    - April 22nd, 2009, 9:26 am Post #1 - April 22nd, 2009, 9:26 am
    aschie30 wrote:As Bill said, if Patty has the desire to set up shop elsewhere, there is nothing stopping her.

Admittedly, I know near nothing about the restaurant business, but I imagine it's somewhat difficult to just up and move to another location. Some places don't even make it through a remodel after kitchen fires. Patty/Sue don't really seem like they would have a lot of extra funds laying around for this kind of thing, but I'm just assuming that.

Also, I feel it's somewhat of a shame that someone would take a "free market" stance on a place where basically everyone is a regular. It's a little bit more than just 'Oh well, that's capitalism for you' to the people who go there regularly. I have my doubts that anything that could replace Patty's, empty storefront or otherwise, would serve the community as well.

I just needed to say that, I don't wish to start a political debate here. I'm going to make an effort to come in at least twice before May 6th. Considering I live 5 minutes away and Patty's is basically the only real breakfast option IMO, I don't know what I'll do. :(

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more