LTH Home

Pizza Rustica: Lard-Crusted Delight in North Lakeview

Pizza Rustica: Lard-Crusted Delight in North Lakeview
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pizza Rustica: Lard-Crusted Delight in North Lakeview

- August 26th, 2009, 2:18 pm
    - August 26th, 2009, 2:18 pm Post #1 - August 26th, 2009, 2:18 pm
    jimswside wrote:I fear we are heading to a place where menu boards are going to need to be 30 feet long by 30 feet wide in an attempt disclose all the information needed to make sure folks with restricted diets dont allow anything to sneak past them.

I don't think that's the case at all. As I mentioned upthread, I think it would be silly to list all of the possible issues, I just think there's something to be said for respecting a large segment of the population who doesn't eat something for religious reasons. No one I know would ever just expect (or think to ask): is there pork in this veggie pizza I just ordered. Not "did a pork product come close" or "did this plate once have pork on it" or whatever, but "did someone very intentionally put pork in to this dish".

I think our world of warning labels ("caution, contents are hot!" on a coffee cup, etc) is kind of ridiculous, but for some reason this seems totally reasonable to me. I think it's the combination of the religious nature of the dietary restriction at issue and the non-intuitive inclusion of pork fat in pizza crust.

-Dan

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more