LTH Home

Our Dinner With Homaro: The Miracle (! or ?) That Is Moto

Our Dinner With Homaro: The Miracle (! or ?) That Is Moto
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Our Dinner With Homaro: The Miracle (! or ?) That Is Moto

- February 3rd, 2005, 1:09 am
    - February 3rd, 2005, 1:09 am Post #1 - February 3rd, 2005, 1:09 am
    Cathy2 wrote:After we sat down to dinner, Matthew inquired how many present would like to try the raccoon? Ten of the eleven people present affirmed their interest.

In my own defense, I'll point out that I did eventually have some of the raccoon on the extra plate, and ended up liking it quite a bit. It's sad that psychchef left early, but in that case after seeing all of your reactions, I helped myself to some of what was on the extra plate, and found it to be not so scary at all. I found it a fairly mild dark meat, not very gamey at all. (I averred originally because I don't like gamey flavors and assumed it would be there.)

I can't say the packing popcorn has no cornstarch in it, needless to say, but its texture had absolutely nothing in common with either cornstarch packing pieces or Pirate's Booty. Think of a very elastic, almost to the point of plastic, meringue. After letting a few pieces melt in my mouth, I actually tried to bite into one and couldn't. I left teeth marks but could not bite through the material.

I'm processing all of my photos now (the kitchen was very generous and creative in dealing with my seafood allergy, so there are plates to be seen that are not on this page yet), and will probably write up my thoughts over the course of the next few days. I will say I have a title for my post that I'm very happy with. And it was an extraordinary meal. I suspect that if Moto has any detractors, they might just be taking food too seriously. While I don't know if Cantu follows the sustainable practices of a number of highly respected chefs in this city, I found absolutely no shortcuts or compromises in the quality of the food itself.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more