LTH Home

lechon asado?

lechon asado?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • lechon asado?

- March 14th, 2005, 1:40 pm
    - March 14th, 2005, 1:40 pm Post #1 - March 14th, 2005, 1:40 pm
    Steve and Gary, it's a small world.

Regarding Florita, I don't know her, but I admire her taste. Seriously, though, it's nice to hear that a Chicago Borinquena has come to the same conclusions as me regarding this important topic. It is true; Cuban and PR bakeries make great use of their ovens in cooking lechon.

About Dirk's father in law, I have spoken with Dirk myself regarding the joys of marrying into a Cuban family. Some of the prepared foods, such as flan and some stuff in the freezer led me to ask. I really feel at home at Dirks: it's in a strip mall, it has lots of Gulf seafood, and there's Cuban stuff. It's like Tampa. Now that you mention the address, this very well could be the place that my source (a Dominican cab driver) described. I might have just misremembered the neighborhood, maybe assuming that a Cuban butcher must be in a historically Cuban area (though there are Cubans on Peterson also). Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if the Dirk family would consider adding crab enchilado to their lineup of prepared foods?

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more