LTH Home

Fogon

Fogon
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Fogon

Post #1 - April 6th, 2011, 8:53 am
    Post #1 - April 6th, 2011, 8:53 am Post #1 - April 6th, 2011, 8:53 am
    Had a nice meal last night at the newly opened Fogon, 1235 W. Grand Ave. (They opened on Friday, we were told.) This location has been pretty doomed up until now, mostly very mediocre Mexican food, so it was nice to find a new venture here. When I asked what the plan was, we were told that it was Mexican but with fusion from many other parts of the globe. The garlic/potato roasted soup special with chile oil and croutons was marvelous. When you bit into the croutons, it seemed as if a teaspoon of butter was released, yum. I was also happy with the lobster empanadas appetizer dish described as flavored with purslane, cream cheese, caramelized shallots, and sun-dried tomato pesto with watercress salad, the tomato pesto was terrific. Husband had the scallop special, cooked perfectly. The staff seemed truly vested in our experience, and we enjoyed the meal very much. Around $60, including one wine and one beer.
  • Post #2 - June 28th, 2011, 10:24 pm
    Post #2 - June 28th, 2011, 10:24 pm Post #2 - June 28th, 2011, 10:24 pm
    Looking to dine outside tonight, we decided to give Fogon a try. We opted for the summer squash fritters, which were breaded and fried to perfection with lots of flavor. The exterior was light and crispy. My husband had the salmon, which was fresh and moist served with a slightly spicy sauce. I had trouble deciding, so our server insisted on the grilled ribeye with chipotle butter. It was a very large portion and pretty good, but I'm not sure if it was necessarily better than the halibut that I was considering. Piping hot, homemade corn tortillas were delivered with our entrees. In addition to being friendly and very attentive, service was well informed in regards to the menu items and specials.

• Post #3 - June 29th, 2011, 9:27 am
    Post #3 - June 29th, 2011, 9:27 am Post #3 - June 29th, 2011, 9:27 am
    Fogon
    1235 W. Grand Ave.
    Chicago, IL
    Phone: 312 421 2000
    -Mary

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close