LTH Home

Hey Oak Park He Man Woman Hater's Clubbers - Yum Thai's Back

Hey Oak Park He Man Woman Hater's Clubbers - Yum Thai's Back
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Hey Oak Park He Man Woman Hater's Clubbers - Yum Thai's Back

- July 18th, 2011, 4:02 am
    - July 18th, 2011, 4:02 am Post #1 - July 18th, 2011, 4:02 am
    After missing the Thursday evening outing, the wife and I were looking for somewhere to eat on Friday night, so we decided to give Yum Thai a try. I happened to ask the waitress if there was a large party of men there the night before, and she said yes, and mentioned that the group stayed until past 10pm even though "normal" closing time was 9pm.

We ordered off the "normal" menu, which in and of itself is a daunting task. There are 125+ items listed on the menu, so if you are coming in without having an idea of what you want just making a choice can take a little time.

We started with an order of Tempura Squid. It was a great dish. Perfectly battered and fried pieces of squid(calamari), sweet potatoes, green peppers, broccoli and zuchinni. On the side was a tasty sweet and sour dipping sauce that had some chili flake in it to give a little kick as well.

For dinner we had an order of Bankock Chicken and Garlic & Black pepper Squid. Both dishes were good. The Bankock chicken was a huge portion of fried chicken pieces along with small pieces of mixed vegtables (onion, pepper, carrot). It had a light sauce on it along the lines of a Thai sweet and sour. The heat built after eating enough of it. I am sure a request to make it hotter would be honored. The Squid was a dish of perfectly cooked, tender, squid, on a brownish garlic and black peppr sauce. It was also a dish in which the heat built up as you ate it. By the end you really needed the white rice to help cool the heat.

In order to feed the kids later, we also placed a carryout order to take home. A Massaman Red Curry w/chicken and an order of fried rice (about as adventurous as the daughter will get). I asked them to make the curry "hot", but not "too hot". When I got home I tried the curry and it was a really nice balanced red curry sauce with just the right amount of heat. The fried rice was nothing special, but I don't think it was expected to be.

Overall it was a really nice meal, and we will be going back. I'm not sure of the need for the "special" menu, although some of those dishes looked really good. There certainly is enough on the "regular" menu to keep one busy for a long time.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more