LTH Home

Letizia's Fiore

Letizia's Fiore
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Letizia's Fiore

Post #1 - November 19th, 2011, 3:36 pm
    Post #1 - November 19th, 2011, 3:36 pm Post #1 - November 19th, 2011, 3:36 pm
    It's been awhile since they opened, but I went to the second Letizia's location in Logan Square last night and had to post about it. First, let me say that I love both Enoteca Roma and Letizia's on Division, especially the atmosphere at the wine bar and the caramel cheesecake :) . I've found the manager and main wine guy, Sean, to be very knowledgeable and friendly. So it has been disappointing that the new Letizia's Fiore, walking distance to my house, has been not so great.
    The main problem is the service. The pizza slices are pretty tasty and a good value, as long as the people working behind the counter a) actually put one in the oven to reheat and b) remember to take it out before it burns. Both of these things have happened when I've been there.
    Besides pizza, I've gone twice just to have a glass of wine and some cheese, bread, meat, etc. on Friday nights. They have a plate of salame, pecorino, and bread that comes with a spicy apricot jam and little salad-type thing. The salame and cheese is delicious, but both times we were there, the server had no idea what was in the salad. (hint: it is apple, red onion, and parsley with some vinegar. even a small smell/taste made it obvious. it's pretty delicious, although very vinegar-y). The first time, the server definitively told us it was cucumber. Then last night he just said he had no idea. The bread that came with the meat and cheese was cold and bland. Luckily, the apricot jam is an excellent contrast to the pecorino.
    The wine selection at Fiore is a little smaller and all from Italy. There are no set flights, but each night there is a bartender's choice flight and also, on the menu, it says that you can design your own flight of 3 wines. I decided to try three reds from Sicily and Sardinia. (Two were complex, fruity, and dark. One was light and sweet - not my thing at all) When I tried to order the three wines, the bartender told me that I could only do the bartender's choice flight. When I pointed out that on the menu it states that you can design your own, he was surprised and said okay, that he hadn't known you could do that. What? You are behind the bar at a wine bar. That seems like key knowledge.
    In a nutshell, I may be back because it's close to my house (and they have the caramel cheesecake there), but in the future I will probably walk a few extra blocks to the Telegraph instead.

Letizia's Fiore
    2456 N California
    Chicago

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events