LTH Home

Moderno - Highland Park coming in May

Moderno - Highland Park coming in May
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - December 19th, 2012, 10:46 am
    - December 19th, 2012, 10:46 am Post #31 - December 19th, 2012, 10:46 am
    I wasn't trying to insult anyone with "There was a core group of suburban foodies like you and me who liked the place, but the average Highland Park diner just couldn't get past the unusual" or "diners would actually display negative emotions of frustration and anger at the fact that they weren't familiar with "strangozzi"" and if I did, I apologize.

These are statements of fact, as proven by Ronnie's much earlier story about his stepfather and countless conversations I had in the last few months with neighbors trying to find out why the restaurant wasn't succeeding. The stories about diners getting angry about the menu are from the staff, but I heard it from three different people more than once.

I feel like I'm in a hole and should stop digging, but I didn't see how that could be insulting. It is all a reflection of the environment of the restaurant. And I personally admire John and team for not trying to follow the "Hi Ricky's Deerfield" route of changing the menu dramatically to account for suburban interests.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more