LTH Home

Hota - Formerly Jacky's on Prairie

Hota - Formerly Jacky's on Prairie
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Hota - Formerly Jacky's on Prairie

- March 13th, 2012, 9:59 am
    - March 13th, 2012, 9:59 am Post #1 - March 13th, 2012, 9:59 am

I had been trying to eat at Hota since they opened back in January, but some conflict always arose. I was finally able to stop in for a quick lunch last week. Unfortunately, I don't know that I'll be stopping in again.

I have passed Hota many times and have always notices they've been empty during lunch. This day would be no different

Bread service was odd. Was...was that a waffle I just dipped in salsa?

FLAUTAS duck confit / crème frâiche / queso fresco

Despite the amount of sauce and queso fresco, these somehow tasted...bland. All that came through was the meat, which took several chews to get down.

VEGETARIANO Oyster Mushrooms / smoked squash / arugula / parsley-oregano salsa / baguette

TACOS DE RES Three tacos on corn tortillas with shredded beef in Guajillo sauce / avocado / crème frâiche / queso fresco / cilantro

There was a lot of Guajillo sauce. By the time I was done with these 3 tacos, my hands were stained red. I felt bad for that napkin.

So, yeah. Hota wasn't bad...it just wasn't very good either. You don't feel like you're getting your money's worth (my tacos were 12 dollars?) With so many options in Evanston (and Frontera Fresco in nearby Skokie), I don't see myself coming back for lunch any time soon.

Hota
    2545 Prairie Avenue.
    Evanston, IL 60201
    847-733-0899
    Dearest Chicago on Web
    Dearest Chicago on Twitter
    Dearest Chicago on Instagram

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close