LTH Home

Elizabeth Restaurant--Opening in September

Elizabeth Restaurant--Opening in September
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - January 18th, 2013, 7:12 pm
    - January 18th, 2013, 7:12 pm Post #61 - January 18th, 2013, 7:12 pm
    disagree wrote:Question: Are those "rules" for how a person is supposed to behave at a communal table explained by FELLOW DINER part of Elizabeth's rules? Does one agree to them in purchasing the ticket?

My guess is no and no; I assume that, other than arriving on time, they are not explicit rules in any way, but rather, what FELLOW DINER considers to be courteous behavior when dining in a communal seating setting. Apparently the one rule that is indeed explicitly stated when reserving at Elizabeth is arriving on time (with the added warning that the reservation may be cancelled if you're more than 30 minutes late).

I have not yet been to Elizabeth, though, so those who have, feel free to correct me if my assumption is inaccurate.

However, I also don't see anything wrong with his/her advice, as a matter of common courtesy, and I don't find them overly burdensome. Here's the quote, again: "I will explain these courtesies to you since you obviously lack knowledge of them: be prompt and show up to dinner on time and well dressed, introduce yourself, make polite conversation or at the very least reply when spoken to, and at the end of the evening, thank your fellows for their company."

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more