LTH Home

chicken boti at khan's [Khan BBQ reopened at new location]

chicken boti at khan's [Khan BBQ reopened at new location]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - December 14th, 2005, 12:43 am
    - December 14th, 2005, 12:43 am Post #31 - December 14th, 2005, 12:43 am
    In another thread publicblast wrote:... if I get nostalgic for Calcutta I'll get a frontier chicken roll from Bismillah (on Ridge near Granville): not the same as a righteous Calcutta kadhi roll, but it'll do.

Quick stop at Bismillah this evening for the roll (Shan was out of Brain Masala). The rolls were enjoyable and satisfying. Not quite the Calcutta roll as publicblast mentions, but still a good ‘sandwich’(?). They list three rolls – paratha kabab, chicken boti and frontier chicken. We tried the first two, specifying paratha for the chicken boti (just in case). The fried parathas were soft and flavorful and the kabab (a sheek kabab – handformed skinless sausage if you will) was tasty. Rolled up in the paratha with some iceberg lettuce pieces (a bit of which I jettisoned) and onion it was good. The chicken boti ‘wrap’ was even better. We also got the somewhat standard thin yogurt cilantro mint sauce. Especially nice was the hot sauce – a tangy cilantro chile sauce. Not a bad deal at all at $3.99.

Bismillah Restaurant
    6301 North Ridge Blvd., Chicago, IL 60660
    (773) 973-6602

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events