LTH Home

Pearl Brasserie

Pearl Brasserie
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pearl Brasserie

Post #1 - February 10th, 2018, 11:05 pm
    Post #1 - February 10th, 2018, 11:05 pm Post #1 - February 10th, 2018, 11:05 pm
    I cannot in good conscious recommend this restaurant.

Whoever they had expediting should be taken out and shot in order to put them out of their misery and to save future diners from their total incompetence.

And the food was just okay.

Escargot was tried by three of us and was totally lacking in any flavor whatsoever.

One of our dining guests had the wild mushroom risotto. It was pretty much lacking any mushrooms and the portion size was abysmally small. Basically an appetizer sized portion.

But the service. It was terrible.

Drinks and then apps came at the standard pace but the wait until entrees was forty-five minutes and we never saw our waiter. Then, two of us got our entrees while the other two of us waited at least ten minutes for ours.

This was not an isolated problem. We saw the four top next to us get served their main courses with one person got getting theirs until everyone else was done.

Then, again, another long wait for dessert with three of us getting served while one had to wait about ten minutes.

My wife asked for a more detailed explanation of a dish and the waiter drew a complete blank and had to be prompted by her as she read the basics off of the menu which he then just parroted back. The description of the oysters was not much better than some are from the east coast and some are from the west coast.

Pretty interior and nice atmosphere.

It's too bad that everything else sucked.

180 N Upper Wacker Dr
    Chicago, IL 60606
    (312) 629-1030
  • Post #2 - February 11th, 2018, 10:06 am
    Post #2 - February 11th, 2018, 10:06 am Post #2 - February 11th, 2018, 10:06 am
    Pearl Brasserie is in the northwest corner of the Loop, at 180 North Wacker. I had lunch there a couple of months ago. The food and service were both excellent. I had a very good lobster roll. The server was friendly and efficient, came across as a professional server. I'd go back again. <shrug>
  • Post #3 - February 11th, 2018, 1:34 pm
    Post #3 - February 11th, 2018, 1:34 pm Post #3 - February 11th, 2018, 1:34 pm
    LTH,

We removed some completely unnecessary snark from the thread. Please keep it civil and polite.

It takes no more time to look up and add an inadvertently omitted address to the thread than it does to obnoxiously criticize the person who generously shared his/her experience here (and forgot to post the address).

Thanks,

=R=
    for the Moderators
    There's a horse loose in a hospital -- JM

I am not interested in how I would evaluate the Springbank in a blind tasting. Every spirit has its story, and I include it in my evaluation, just as I do with human beings. --Thad Vogler

I'll be the tastiest pork cutlet bowl ever --Yuri Katsuki

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #4 - May 3rd, 2018, 10:13 am
    Post #4 - May 3rd, 2018, 10:13 am Post #4 - May 3rd, 2018, 10:13 am
    Pearl Brasserie (180 N. Wacker Drive), which opened late last summer, will serve its last meal on Friday

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct ... story.html
    "At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom." George Carlin
  • Post #5 - May 3rd, 2018, 11:54 am
    Post #5 - May 3rd, 2018, 11:54 am Post #5 - May 3rd, 2018, 11:54 am
    So I guess the sign for "Coming Soon: Pearl Beignets & Coffee" two doors north that's been up over a year is no longer coming.

Sadness.
    Bill-Aurora
  • Post #6 - May 4th, 2018, 1:27 pm
    Post #6 - May 4th, 2018, 1:27 pm Post #6 - May 4th, 2018, 1:27 pm
    I'm shocked!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles