LTH Home

Anybody been to the Ridgeview Grill lately?

Anybody been to the Ridgeview Grill lately?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Anybody been to the Ridgeview Grill lately?

Post #1 - February 20th, 2018, 12:41 am
    Post #1 - February 20th, 2018, 12:41 am Post #1 - February 20th, 2018, 12:41 am
    Hi- I am going with a large group of people to the Ridgeview Grill in Wilmette this Saturday around 12:30. I did not pick out the place. We are going to be at Regina Dominican High School all morning, and this is relatively close. There are probably going to be 20 of us. How is the food? I know it used to be a Greek diner, and then the Son decided to do a major remodel and make the restaurant more upscale. What does everybody recommend there? The person that suggested this restaurant said that they should still have breakfast items as well as lunch stuff. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #2 - February 20th, 2018, 3:42 am
    Post #2 - February 20th, 2018, 3:42 am Post #2 - February 20th, 2018, 3:42 am
    NFriday wrote:Hi- I am going with a large group of people to the Ridgeview Grill in Wilmette this Saturday around 12:30. I did not pick out the place. We are going to be at Regina Dominican High School all morning, and this is relatively close. There are probably going to be 20 of us. How is the food? I know it used to be a Greek diner, and then the Son decided to do a major remodel and make the restaurant more upscale. What does everybody recommend there? The person that suggested this restaurant said that they should still have breakfast items as well as lunch stuff. Thanks, Nancy

Nancy,

I’ve been ther quite a few times. My Mom used to be a fan. I’d say it’s pretty typical middle of the road Greek diner fare. You should be fine if you stick with breakfast items.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #3 - February 20th, 2018, 6:12 am
    Post #3 - February 20th, 2018, 6:12 am Post #3 - February 20th, 2018, 6:12 am
    We had a group brunch there about a year ago. It was in the semi-private space towards the back of the restaurant. They did a good job with service. To make it easier, they requested that we limit the entree choices to about six items and they had printed menus for our group.
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #4 - February 20th, 2018, 6:14 am
    Post #4 - February 20th, 2018, 6:14 am Post #4 - February 20th, 2018, 6:14 am
    If someone wants lunch instead of breakfast, I think they'll be okay. I've had lunch here a half dozen times, and everything I've tried has been solid. Nothing spectacular, but nothing disappointing.
  • Post #5 - February 23rd, 2018, 7:10 pm
    Post #5 - February 23rd, 2018, 7:10 pm Post #5 - February 23rd, 2018, 7:10 pm
    Wow, this brings back memories. I used to go there a lot for breakfast and lunch as a kid, when it was still Parker's and then after John bought out Parker. It was a big deal when John bought out the space from the little business next door to add about 30 seats. Then years later, his son did the big renovation.

It's so rare that a place survives 50+ years in a location like that - not a busy intersection, not great parking unless you can use the church parking lot. Lots of local business.

It's probably been 25 years since I've been there, as I moved from the North Shore in 1994. I hope the meal was good. Kudos to the son (I remember when he was born) for keeping the business going.
    "Fried chicken should unify us, as opposed to tearing us apart. " - Bomani Jones
  • Post #6 - March 28th, 2018, 4:16 pm
    Post #6 - March 28th, 2018, 4:16 pm Post #6 - March 28th, 2018, 4:16 pm
    Hi- I am sorry it took me so long to post again. There were 12 of us here for the lunch last month. You definitely get a lot of food to eat. I had a vegetable omelet, with hash browns. It was good, but I got too much to eat, and I could have done without the toast, which I hardly touched. If they could have given me smaller portions and lowered the price a dollar or two, I would have been happier. I think including coffee and tip the bill came to $16, but when somebody in the group asked her if she would do separate checks she agreed if everybody left her a decent tip. I would not go out of my way to go there, but it was convenient for us, and because they put us in a separate room, they did not try to shove us out the door after an hour. We were there close to two hours, and the food was good, but not great. The person that organized this recommended that we stick to breakfast and sandwich items, and a lot of people got omelets. We got there around 1:00pm. on a Saturday, and they were definitely busy.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more