LTH Home

Pacific Standard Time

Pacific Standard Time
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pacific Standard Time

Post #1 - May 7th, 2018, 8:01 am
    Post #1 - May 7th, 2018, 8:01 am Post #1 - May 7th, 2018, 8:01 am
    Went to this new spot over the weekend and it was pretty great, but the highlight was dessert, or more accurately desserts (we overindulged). Natalie Saben from Grace is the pastry chef and pretty much everything she puts on a plate is a knockout. Coconut panna cotta was perfectly subtle, not too heavy on the coconut. My wife is not a fan of coconut but loved this dessert. The huckleberry sundae was simple in its presentation but had a lot going on. There was a scoop of huckleberry sorbet, another of honey ice cream (again perfectly subtle) and shards of dehydrated cake and meringue with a smattering of basil leaves. Really perfect together.

We had about 8 or 9 dishes between us (before dessert) and the flavors were great and nothing was too heavy. We will definitely be back.

141 W Erie St
    Chicago, IL 60654
    (312) 736-1778
  • Post #2 - May 7th, 2018, 9:31 am
    Post #2 - May 7th, 2018, 9:31 am Post #2 - May 7th, 2018, 9:31 am
    Pacific Standard Time
    141 W Erie St
    Chicago, IL 60654
    info@pstchicago.com
    https://www.pstchicago.com/

Sunday-Thursday: 5-10pm
    Friday & Saturday: 5-11pm
  • Post #3 - Today, 12:00 am
    Post #3 - Today, 12:00 am Post #3 - Today, 12:00 am
    I was watching WGN news at 9:00 tonight, and Phil Vettel gave a glowing review of this restaurant. He said that this is the best restaurant out of all the ones that have opened up so far in 2018. He gave it three stars.
  • Post #4 - Today, 12:43 am
    Post #4 - Today, 12:43 am Post #4 - Today, 12:43 am
    NFriday wrote:I was watching WGN news at 9:00 tonight, and Phil Vettel gave a glowing review of this restaurant. He said that this is the best restaurant out of all the ones that have opened up so far in 2018. He gave it three stars.

Sula really seemed to love it, too.

=R=
    There's a horse loose in a hospital -- JM

I am not interested in how I would evaluate the Springbank in a blind tasting. Every spirit has its story, and I include it in my evaluation, just as I do with human beings. --Thad Vogler

I'll be the tastiest pork cutlet bowl ever --Yuri Katsuki

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #5 - Today, 11:16 am
    Post #5 - Today, 11:16 am Post #5 - Today, 11:16 am
    Darren72 wrote:Sunday-Thursday: 5-10pm
    Friday & Saturday: 5-11pm

They are also now open for brunch on Sundays, 10-2.
  • Post #6 - Today, 8:14 pm
    Post #6 - Today, 8:14 pm Post #6 - Today, 8:14 pm
    Just a counter-datapoint. We eagerly tried PST last week on the strength of the reviews. The space is intolerably loud. The much lauded pita is indeed special, though that seems largely a function of the salt and oil it is brushed with after baking, and it outshone the tuna; the chicken wings are nicely sticky and crispy but that is available elsewhere; the black cod was a tiny tiny portion at $35 and there was little harmony on its plate; the avocado salad was more greens than avocado and the greens were unpleasantly bitter. We eat out multiple times a week, but won't rush back.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more