LTH Home

Lost Larson bakery Andersonville

Lost Larson bakery Andersonville
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - July 26th, 2018, 2:44 pm
    Post #31 - July 26th, 2018, 2:44 pm Post #31 - July 26th, 2018, 2:44 pm
    I sent them an email to let them know (I live in Hyde Park so can't just bring it right back to show them). Haven't heard anything yet, but will update if I do.

Heard back...they said they've been having some technical difficulties with their flour mill and the quality wasn't what they thought yesterday. Offered a refund or another loaf.
  • Post #32 - July 26th, 2018, 3:02 pm
    Post #32 - July 26th, 2018, 3:02 pm Post #32 - July 26th, 2018, 3:02 pm
    bon2mic wrote: The breads in the display face out (as in pictures above) and the top looked lovely. It was put right in to a bag. When I got it home and pulled it out of the bag I realized the bread was very flat. I bake bread and know this can happen but was surprised to see it from a bakery. When we cut in to it, the interior texture was gummy and clearly underbaked. So disappointing, especially as it cost $9! I sent them an email to let them know (I live in Hyde Park so can't just bring it right back to show them). Haven't heard anything yet, but will update if I do. I would definitely go back for the pastries but I'll just stick to making my own bread from now on.

Was this an American shaped sandwich loaf, batard, or boule? The boules and batards, as country bread, are often flatter than I prefer but I have seen this time and time again. What kind of flour(s)?
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #33 - July 26th, 2018, 9:18 pm
    Post #33 - July 26th, 2018, 9:18 pm Post #33 - July 26th, 2018, 9:18 pm
    Was this an American shaped sandwich loaf, batard, or boule? The boules and batards, as country bread, are often flatter than I prefer but I have seen this time and time again. What kind of flour(s)?

It was a batard. It had no sides whatsoever. Not sure on the flour - definitely whole grain. It was called Honey Oat.
  • Post #34 - July 28th, 2018, 2:41 pm
    Post #34 - July 28th, 2018, 2:41 pm Post #34 - July 28th, 2018, 2:41 pm
    Tart art and hearty brot is the Swedish way at Lost Larson
    It seems we can count the Chicago Reader's Mike Sula a fan.
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

Low & Slow
  • Post #35 - November 30th, 2018, 9:50 am
    Post #35 - November 30th, 2018, 9:50 am Post #35 - November 30th, 2018, 9:50 am
    Finally made it to Lost Larson today. It was an easy stop on the way back from dropping the dog at day care. I spent several minutes looking at the pastries with the staff pleasantly answering my questions. I decided on the pastry of the day (apple-cranberry, I think), a chocolate croissant and a cardamom bun, plus a cup of coffee. I was checking out when I realized I didn't bring any money and their electronic pay swipe wasn't working. (not that I'm that technologically advanced anyway!) I didn't have enough in quarters from the car and couldn't remember my credit card number. I am grateful that they comped my coffee and said I could pay up later. Great products and customer service! I'll be back besides for settling my tab!

Close-up of the pastry of the day to hide the bite I took of it. :-)
    -Mary

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more