LTH Home

Hidden Gem at O'Hare Oasis - Crepe Avenue

Hidden Gem at O'Hare Oasis - Crepe Avenue
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Hidden Gem at O'Hare Oasis - Crepe Avenue

Post #1 - July 30th, 2018, 9:39 am
    Post #1 - July 30th, 2018, 9:39 am Post #1 - July 30th, 2018, 9:39 am
    There is a hidden gem of a place in the most unlikely place, the tollway oasis at Ohare. Crepe Avenue is a fast service creperie that makes some unique and fantastic crepes. They have a variety of crepes but they offer some really outstanding ones expecially for a tollway oasis. For example, they offer a crepe "Baltic Sea Crepe" with smoked salmon and caviar. Also the "French Maniac," with Brie Cheese, Walnuts, Raspberries and Blueberries and drizzled with Honey inside and outside. I believe the owner is Serbian so of course there would be something from that country or region. They have the Yugo Crepe- beef prosciutto, Yugoslavian spicy sausage, ham, Swiss, buttered green pepper, spring mix and Ajvar.

This is kind of a shock for people who stop at the O"Hare Oasis... because the quality and variety is so good.

If you are in the area and on the Tollway, maybe make a point to stop and check out Crepe Avenue. You will not be disapointed.
  • Post #2 - July 30th, 2018, 10:09 am
    Post #2 - July 30th, 2018, 10:09 am Post #2 - July 30th, 2018, 10:09 am
    Hi,

Thank you so much for posting this. Ever since I saw your mention of this place recently, I have been trying to come up with a excuse to go. I drive under this oasis never thinking there could be unique food.

Again, thanks!

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - July 30th, 2018, 1:21 pm
    Post #3 - July 30th, 2018, 1:21 pm Post #3 - July 30th, 2018, 1:21 pm
    Better hurry up to check it out. The oasis is getting torn down later this year. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-m ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #4 - July 30th, 2018, 1:34 pm
    Post #4 - July 30th, 2018, 1:34 pm Post #4 - July 30th, 2018, 1:34 pm
    Dave148 wrote:Better hurry up to check it out. The oasis is getting torn down later this year. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-m ... story.html

Another reason why to do now.

Jane is hoping they move to a new location and not hang it up.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #5 - August 1st, 2018, 7:00 am
    Post #5 - August 1st, 2018, 7:00 am Post #5 - August 1st, 2018, 7:00 am
    I have a flight out of ORD on Sat evening, hoping to stop by Crepe Avenue for late afternoon meal. thanks for posting.

FB URL: https://www.facebook.com/OHare-Oasis-Cr ... 474235627/
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #6 - August 1st, 2018, 7:29 pm
    Post #6 - August 1st, 2018, 7:29 pm Post #6 - August 1st, 2018, 7:29 pm
    IMG_0609.jpg Yugo Crepe

I stopped during my lunch hour yesterday and really liked my crepe (the Yugo) which had a salt cured pork, spicy sausage and ham as well as 3 kinds of cheese, ajvar and a sprinkling of feta on top. I especially liked the crispy, lacy edges at the end of the crepe. The folks who run the stand are very friendly. I don't at mean intend to be damning with faint praise when I say this is the best meal I've ever had at an oasis. Thanks for the rec!
  • Post #7 - August 31st, 2018, 6:07 pm
    Post #7 - August 31st, 2018, 6:07 pm Post #7 - August 31st, 2018, 6:07 pm
    Last day of operation for the Oasis is Tuesday.
    Cathy2

• Post #8 - September 4th, 2018, 12:49 pm
    Post #8 - September 4th, 2018, 12:49 pm Post #8 - September 4th, 2018, 12:49 pm
    Crepe Avenue 's last day of operation at the O"Hare Oasis is Today.. Tuesday September 4. They are not closing but relocating to another tollway oasis.

They will be located at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis.. in South Holland.

Odd to have one of the best crepe places around located on Tollway Oasis.. but i guess that is what they are doing. Maybe they were given that option and they could not refuse.
  • Post #9 - September 4th, 2018, 3:14 pm
    Post #9 - September 4th, 2018, 3:14 pm Post #9 - September 4th, 2018, 3:14 pm
    jane franklin wrote:Crepe Avenue 's last day of operation at the O"Hare Oasis is Today.. Tuesday September 4. They are not closing but relocating to another tollway oasis.

They will be located at the Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis.. in South Holland.

Odd to have one of the best crepe places around located on Tollway Oasis.. but i guess that is what they are doing. Maybe they were given that option and they could not refuse.

That entire oasis is closing down due to construction.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #10 - September 5th, 2018, 1:08 pm
    Post #10 - September 5th, 2018, 1:08 pm Post #10 - September 5th, 2018, 1:08 pm
    stevez wrote:That entire oasis is closing down due to construction.

(possibly relevant) Tangent alert:

at chicagotribune.com, Ted Gregory wrote:Built in 1959, the oasis is being razed to make way for a fifth lane for northbound and southbound vehicles as part of the Illinois Tollway’s $4 billion expansion of the central branch of its 294-mile network throughout northern Illinois. Tuesday night was its last, although the adjacent 7-Eleven gas stations and mini-marts will remain open.

Above-the-road O'Hare Oasis — a unique slice of Illinois history — closes to make way for Tri-State widening

=R=
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more