LTH Home

Saucy Porka, Loop & Hyde Park Asian-Latin fusion

Saucy Porka, Loop & Hyde Park Asian-Latin fusion
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Saucy Porka, Loop & Hyde Park Asian-Latin fusion

Post #1 - August 8th, 2018, 9:35 pm
    Post #1 - August 8th, 2018, 9:35 pm Post #1 - August 8th, 2018, 9:35 pm
    In the competition for most complete turnover of focus protein for a given address, Saucy Porka replaced Bergstein's Deli in Hyde Park. There have been some comments on the Loop location ranging from middling to good. At the current reasonable pricepoints and build, I'd say Saucy Porka is a stronger entry to Hyde Park than many other recent neighborhood openings, and I hope it does well. The food tastes like it's from a savvy food truck, and I mean that as a compliment.

They seem to be sidestepping the breakfast offerings from the original location and focusing on lunch and dinner with the savories, which include a single eggroll offering of $1 and change - chorizo, pictured above-right - single baos in the $2-3 realm (upper right), and basil chicken salad (left) which really looked like standard spring mix but tasted at least reminiscent of sparing fresh herbs. The eggroll was perfectly seasoned and cooked and actually excellent. It was nice to have a taste of the menu-central carnitas, but either the bao was incompletely steamed from frozen or the pineapple was icebox cold. I hope to try the sandwiches and soups soon.

Saucy Porka (Hyde Park)
    1164 E 55th St, Chicago, 60615
    http://saucyporka.com/locate/hyde-park/

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events