LTH Home

SGD Dubu Glenview and nearby lunch spots

SGD Dubu Glenview and nearby lunch spots
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 8 of 11
  • Post #211 - February 21st, 2019, 11:17 am
    Post #211 - February 21st, 2019, 11:17 am Post #211 - February 21st, 2019, 11:17 am
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

Where you are currently working, does a lunch truck stop by? I have always been fascinated by those.

Regards,
    Cathy2

Near Pfingsten Rd and W Lake Ave

Even worse, food service vending machine in the cafeteria. Who knows how long it has been there? My boss is fond of the cheeseburgers (and probably keep them fresh) but they were all gone.

The hotdog, chili and cheese were edible but the bun suffered. Choked it down anyway. :) I am willing to give anything a try.

I enjoy food truck chow. The homemade salsa's can be especially good on a tamale.
    Last edited by Panther in the Den on February 21st, 2019, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #212 - February 21st, 2019, 11:21 am
    Post #212 - February 21st, 2019, 11:21 am Post #212 - February 21st, 2019, 11:21 am
    I will be making a stop to make up for my miss on Tuesday (was concentrating on my errands). Won't be staying too late as I have a 7:30 obligation. Should be enough time...

Thursday (make up) Brew Day (2-21 from 4:45 to 6)

Macushla Brewing Co
    1516 E Lake Ave, Glenview

Godda get My Bride her craft beer of the week. :)
  • Post #213 - February 22nd, 2019, 2:45 pm
    Post #213 - February 22nd, 2019, 2:45 pm Post #213 - February 22nd, 2019, 2:45 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:Friday Lunch Out (2-22 from 12:10 to 1:00)

I visited once, long ago and made the mistake of simply ordering Cantonese carry-out. The food was fine but I couldn't help but regret not ordering something more regional.

Szechwan North
    2857 Pfingsten Rd, Glenview

Much better!

D1F0D475-5716-4E4C-9721-5AD252D2D724.jpeg A nice feast today!

The restaurant was quite busy (over half full) with plenty of staff to handle it. Good and attentive service.

I was surprised at how many Szechuan dishes I was familiar with. From the Dan Dan (Don Don) Noodles from Katy's to the Three Chili Chicken from Lao Sze Chuan. Long time favorites.

559FCF60-4756-40C8-B7B4-A6555EDD68EB.jpeg Don Don Noodles

I didn't see it on the online menu. Turns out it is under side dishes.

The flavor profile was as I expected, noodles cooked correctly, I am used to sweating a little but it had a nice kick. Even though I had put is aside to save room for ither items ordered I snuck a few extra bites. :)

53B9A11C-6552-476C-A701-BCCFB6C8DC66.jpeg Egg Rolls

Why did I even bother? I must of still been dreaming about the ones from last week. Went for Vegetable instead of Chicken. Nothing bad but small.

C17160A4-DAA2-40E9-94CC-0FA7B48A6C1C.jpeg Hot & Sour Soup

I do love soup and I had never tried this one. Decided to rectify that today. I would imagine it was a fine rendition but not to my liking. Not so bad that I would throw it out.

CEECC9AF-628B-4BDF-BC19-65AE3554979C.jpeg Kung Pao Chicken

Read this was an authentic dish. Have seen it around for years. Nicely done! Tender chicken, light and flavorful sauce, crisp vegetables, crunchy peanuts. Even though there were dried peppers in it wasn't too spicy. Here and there maybe...

20DDC1BB-4193-41F7-AF58-9FCBBD50FE15.jpeg Three Chili Chicken

Larger pieces of chicken than LSC and not as saturated in the sauce. There was enough gravy to get a good amount in each bite. Nice breading with visable black specks (crushed black pepper?). Nice big portion. Another dish where I was sneaking a few extra bites even though I was full.

Much better visit than my carry out Chinese last time. :)

Restaurant was nicely decorated and not not tired or dated at all.
  • Post #214 - February 22nd, 2019, 4:55 pm
    Post #214 - February 22nd, 2019, 4:55 pm Post #214 - February 22nd, 2019, 4:55 pm
    Looks like quite the find!
    A wee bit out of my lunch range or I'd be all over it.
    Keep up the good work!
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #215 - February 23rd, 2019, 3:29 pm
    Post #215 - February 23rd, 2019, 3:29 pm Post #215 - February 23rd, 2019, 3:29 pm
    seebee wrote:Looks like quite the find!
    A wee bit out of my lunch range or I'd be all over it.
    Keep up the good work!

I know how much you enjoy a good Dan Dan. :)

My Don Don leftovers held up very well on my trip home and My Bride (who won’t order spicy too often) enjoyed it very much even though it was reheated and she mentioned it was a nice, entire body warming that was welcome on a cold day.

Even the Three Chili Chicken maintained some crunch.

Almost on your way home. :)
    Last edited by Panther in the Den on February 25th, 2019, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #216 - February 25th, 2019, 9:25 am
    Post #216 - February 25th, 2019, 9:25 am Post #216 - February 25th, 2019, 9:25 am
    Plans for the week...

Sorry for the late notice for Brew Day!

Monday Brew Day (2-25 from 5:15 to 6:15)

Okocim Bar (Polish)
    6801 W Addison St, Chicago

I had visited for the first time back in October and had a great visit! Beer was flowing freely and the pierogi's excellent!
    My second visit just before the holidays was terrible! They were out of all tap beers and the barmaid wouldn't heat up any pierogi's because it was too close to the end of her shift. The owner wouldn't even come down to make some.

Completely opposite visits.

Based on the strength of that first visit I am willing to give them another try. Mind you that if any element is missing (tap beer, pierogi) I will be out of there.

Next week I'll be back at Macushla on Tuesday.

Lunch Out

This week will be a short week for me as I will be having to take some time off. Chances are I will just dash out for carry out somewhere. I've been doing a lot of sit down dining and it will be good to explore some of the faster food.

I am hoping to visit the LTH favorite and GNR...

Paradise Pup
    1724 S River Rd, Des Plaines

... probably on Thursday at 12:15. Eat quick and be on my way.

I will be doing carry out the week after too and will be returning to more traditional FLO on March 15th.
  • Post #217 - February 25th, 2019, 12:49 pm
    Post #217 - February 25th, 2019, 12:49 pm Post #217 - February 25th, 2019, 12:49 pm
    Since you tried the Assi Plaza Food Court last week, I would suggest trying the Joong Boo Market in Glenview food court which in my opinion has more interesting prepared Korean items than Assi Plaza and the 2 stations (dumplings and hot food) are solely owned by the grocery store and not rented out spaces. The food court is on the 2nd floor of the grocery store and requires you to enter at different door than the grocery entrance.

I suggest trying the kimchi Mandoo dumpling (about the size of a softball) @ $2.50/per and the Korean fried chicken wings.

http://joongboomarket.com/our-food/snack-corner/

Joong Boo Market
    670 Milwaukee Ave
    Glenview, IL 6002
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/joong-boo-market-glenview-2
  • Post #218 - February 25th, 2019, 1:15 pm
    Post #218 - February 25th, 2019, 1:15 pm Post #218 - February 25th, 2019, 1:15 pm
    polster wrote:Since you tried the Assi Plaza Food Court last week, I would suggest trying the Joong Boo Market in Glenview food court which in my opinion has more interesting prepared Korean items than Assi Plaza and the 2 stations (dumplings and hot food) are solely owned by the grocery store and not rented out spaces. The food court is on the 2nd floor of the grocery store and requires you to enter at different door than the grocery entrance.

I suggest trying the kimchi Mandoo dumpling (about the size of a softball) @ $2.50/per and the Korean fried chicken wings.

Joong Boo Market
    670 Milwaukee Ave
    Glenview, IL 6002

Several people here had discounted the food court there because of the loss of the banchan bar.

It is still on my list to visit...

I went with Assi first as it seemed there was more variety than just Korean.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)
  • Post #219 - February 25th, 2019, 2:15 pm
    Post #219 - February 25th, 2019, 2:15 pm Post #219 - February 25th, 2019, 2:15 pm
    Dave148 wrote:IMO - scratch Cho Jung from your short list. It’s gone downhill since the original owners left.

According to Google they are permanently closed...
  • Post #220 - February 25th, 2019, 2:46 pm
    Post #220 - February 25th, 2019, 2:46 pm Post #220 - February 25th, 2019, 2:46 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    Dave148 wrote:IMO - scratch Cho Jung from your short list. It’s gone downhill since the original owners left.

According to Google they are permanently closed...

It appears to have been replaced by:
    Gangnam Ramen
    952 Harlem Ave
    Glenview, IL 60025
    (847) 724-1111
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/gangnamramen/about/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #221 - February 25th, 2019, 7:35 pm
    Post #221 - February 25th, 2019, 7:35 pm Post #221 - February 25th, 2019, 7:35 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    polster wrote:Since you tried the Assi Plaza Food Court last week, I would suggest trying the Joong Boo Market in Glenview food court which in my opinion has more interesting prepared Korean items than Assi Plaza and the 2 stations (dumplings and hot food) are solely owned by the grocery store and not rented out spaces. The food court is on the 2nd floor of the grocery store and requires you to enter at different door than the grocery entrance.

Joong Boo Market
    670 Milwaukee Ave
    Glenview, IL 6002

Several people here had discounted the food court there because of the loss of the banchan bar.

It is still on my list to visit...

I went with Assi first as it seemed there was more variety than just Korean.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

Another fan of Joong Boo right here.
    The panchan bars are gone, but my last visit was better than previous visits. May have been the stars lining up, but hot food from the counter, and dumplings from the other counter were much better than previous visits, and the previous visits were pretty good.

Chicken wings at the big counter (a bit sweet and sticky, but man, they are good)
    Big pork dumplings at the small counter.
    Both are must do's for me.

Dining mate and I split the "spicy tofu soup" at the big counter because it was on sale, and it was one of the best values I've had in a long, long time. Right up there with when (back in the day) the Pita Inn Lunch Special was under 5 bux. The soup came with a few add ins, including steamed rice, some really good pickles, and a whole small fried fish which was damn good. The soup itself actually had seafood in it, a few mussels, a few scrimps, and whatnot. It was great. Really great. Dining mate and I could barely finish half of the soup, but we ate the hell out of an order of those big, porky, garlicky, dumplings. I used to live a stone's throw from the one on Kimball, but rarely ate in the little cafe, mostly just shopped there. I definitely missed out.

The small counter had prepacked containers of big, fat, rice cake/noodles and fish cake in red spicy sauce. They were really good, and VERY well priced, but it would take a few days to eat those things. They are good, but heavy and kinda one note. I'd definitely get them again, but a smaller pkg instead. I really dig on this place.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #222 - February 28th, 2019, 2:45 pm
    Post #222 - February 28th, 2019, 2:45 pm Post #222 - February 28th, 2019, 2:45 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:Plans for the week...

Lunch Out

This week will be a short week for me as I will be having to take some time off. Chances are I will just dash out for carry out somewhere. I've been doing a lot of sit down dining and it will be good to explore some of the faster food.

I am hoping to visit the LTH favorite and GNR...

Paradise Pup
    1724 S River Rd, Des Plaines

... probably on Thursday at 12:15. Eat quick and be on my way.

it was nice to visit a place I know and love.

Got my usual...

D86746CB-6DF9-49C7-93F7-AD540D4B9A66.jpeg Char Cheddar Burger, served with Merkts Cheddar Cheese
    With Grilled Onions and on Dark Bavarian Rye

618D5692-1E60-4207-BE54-B85E11A9B110.jpeg ... the bunch tamales go well, as well. :)

The burger was cooked just to the medium side of medium well, juicy, seasoned.

I must of been grumpy on this nicely balanced burger...
    ‘I want it to fill out the bread ‘
    ‘I want more cheese’
    ‘I want more lettuce’

Waaaa, waaaa, waaa...

It would be something else then. :) It was just perfect.

The owner and staff were exceptional as well.
  • Post #223 - March 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm
    Post #223 - March 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm Post #223 - March 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm
    Plans for the week...

Tuesday Brew Day (3-5 from 4:45 to 6)

Macushla Brewing Co

I’m a regular. :) Been enjoying my visits. A nice honey infused beer (takes the bitterness right out of a strong beer) or two, an order of their (Hackney's) awesome Reuben Egg Rolls and an order of Potato Skins (with apple sauce for dipping!). Nice deep fried food to counteract the beer. :)

Lunch Out

This week will be a short week for me as I will be having to take some time off. I'm going to dash out for carry out. I've been doing a lot of sit down dining and it has been good to explore the faster food.

I will visit the LTH favorite and GNR...

Rand Red Hots
    1441 Rand Rd, Des Plaines

... Thursday at 12:10. Eat quick and be on my way.

There is a chance I might cancel my day off Friday and reschedule for next week. That means next week might be a quick lunch too.
  • Post #224 - March 5th, 2019, 1:00 pm
    Post #224 - March 5th, 2019, 1:00 pm Post #224 - March 5th, 2019, 1:00 pm
    Once again I needed to dash out for a quick lunch to take back to work.

La Taquiza y Mas
    2841 Pfingsten Rd, Glenview

During my last visit on Thaco Thursday (taco special) I tried one of these. This time it was just tamales.

07B6DEDA-39CE-4F3B-810B-FCC0A187F991.jpeg Pork and Chicken Tamales

I was pushed to my limit eating these two monsters! for $1.75 apiece they are a good value. Topped off with their worthy hot sauce (I adore the deep red) makes a satisfying meal.

12F994AE-C20F-49C5-A919-8C1EE7C6993D.jpeg

Nom, nom, nom...
  • Post #225 - March 7th, 2019, 1:49 pm
    Post #225 - March 7th, 2019, 1:49 pm Post #225 - March 7th, 2019, 1:49 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:Lunch Out

This week will be a short week for me as I will be having to take some time off. I'm going to dash out for carry out. I've been doing a lot of sit down dining and it has been good to explore the faster food.

Rand Red Hots
    1441 Rand Rd, Des Plaines

... Thursday at 12:10. Eat quick and be on my way.

B8FE9059-CA2E-4C29-937C-7CA1EF1CCD48.jpeg

Boy! I've been enjoying the stands the last two weeks.

Just yesterday I finished off the burger I got last Thursday from Paradise Pup and it was still mighty good. Microwaved and all. :)

I have never been to Rand Red Hots and wasn't sure what to expect. I have been to several other places of their ilk and they all have their own flavor.

As I was pulling into the lot I felt rushed as I hadn't looked at the recommendations since last week and then remembered, food wise, a very limited menu. What the heck! Get one of everything. :)

I wasn't expecting a old school drive-in. Do they have carhop service in the summer? Once inside a typical interior with the exception of having seating. Most will just have a standup counter to eat at. My Bride will be happy to see that (she thinks eating standing up is for cows :) ) when I bring her over someday.

The seating was limited so, and after seeing no one was joining me, I grabbed the food and left.

AC967DF4-FF8E-4422-B57F-F87177C51AA8.jpeg Classic Depression Style Hotdog

Steamed bun (no poppy seeds) and sausage, Relish from a jar, fresh Chopped Onions (?), Sport Peppers on the large side. Mustard. Served with fries.

179E7A9A-ADE6-4C7C-8DBD-ABF52471634B.jpeg

I couldn't tell if the fries were served on top as I ate the order that came with the hotdog on my way back to work. :) I have had this weakness ever since I was a child, every Saturday I would pick up dinner from Cock Robin a block or so from the house and walking back with those bags under my nose. A few fries out of that sack, a few out of this... :)

Classic representation of a dog of this style. Being there at lunch, everything was fresh, dog a nice snap to the casing, nice bite and crunch to the onion. Peppers were a medium hot.

997D30BB-FA0C-4763-A664-557F7D94E32D.jpeg Maxwell Style Polish

Steamed bun, Sausage cooked on the gas grill, Sautéed Onions and the oversized Sport Peppers. Mustard. Served with fries.

I enjoyed the beefy flavor of the sausage. It was a link style. Lately I have been craving a good sausage. Goodly amount of onions with a very few browned bits. The onions were much larger and more random cut. Usually on Maxwell St they will be a uniform thin slice turned into circles when cooked. No chunks.

05B5F729-2C66-4CBA-9F67-7CDEDD1C9A9B.jpeg

The gas flame grilling was a deviation as well was the link. Griddled and cut from a long (and thicker) sausage is more the tradition.

The bun on both sandwiches were not too big, not too small, same bun for both. I would of enjoyed more mustard on both.

The fries were excellent! Several crispy bits, skin on, not limp. Uniform flavor throughout.

Bunch Tamale (see above)
    I have seen more and more small stands going to the Bunch rather than the roll. Fresh, not over or under cooked. Just fine.

I once won a bet once by eating 20. :) I doubt if I was even 20.

Cut everything in half and half was a good meal. My Bride will enjoy the other halves at her leisure in the upcoming week.

D7EC4725-A1A3-411D-8D98-2EFE47A721B2.jpeg

Just fine. :)
  • Post #226 - March 11th, 2019, 7:40 am
    Post #226 - March 11th, 2019, 7:40 am Post #226 - March 11th, 2019, 7:40 am
    Plans for the week...

Tuesday Brew Day (3-12 from 4:45 to 6)

Macushla Brewing Co

I’m a regular. :)

Lunch Out

This week will be a short week for me as I will be having to take some time off. I'm going to dash out for a pizza for carry out. If someone will want to give it a try meet me at the restaurant and I can slip you a slice.

Barnaby's
    960 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook

... Thursday at 12:15. Grab the pizza and be on my way. I am sure I will be able to nosh a few pieces on the way back to work so I can enjoy it fairly fresh out of the oven.

I have perused the thread and it sounds like an awesome thin crust pizza.

I had actually visited a long, long time ago (before windows?) and have a fond memory. Nothing specific but remember an enjoyable visit. Looking forward to return.
    Last edited by Panther in the Den on March 14th, 2019, 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Post #227 - March 11th, 2019, 7:52 am
    Post #227 - March 11th, 2019, 7:52 am Post #227 - March 11th, 2019, 7:52 am

Lunch Out

This week will be a short week for me as I will be having to take some time off. I'm going to dash out for a pizza for carry out. If someone will want to give it a try meet me at the restaurant and I can slip you a slice.

Barnaby's

Looking at the Streetside View of the locations I believe the location I visited a long, long time ago was at...

7950 N Caldwell Ave, Niles (strikethrough because it is not where I am going)

I remember the river running along side and behind the restaurant.

They are both around the same distance from work so I am going to stick with Northbrook.
  • Post #228 - March 14th, 2019, 11:51 am
    Post #228 - March 14th, 2019, 11:51 am Post #228 - March 14th, 2019, 11:51 am

Lunch Out

Barnaby's

I did as promised but earlier than planned (11:45). Several people at work expressed an interest so I arranged to be back at work at the start of the lunch break.

3215598D-4D71-4C93-BF69-268753399937.jpeg Sausage and Onion as recommended

Wow! What a great crust! Even though I didn’t snack on any on the drive back to work the crust was still crisp with a great crunch.

1E0DC84B-55C4-4EC1-B374-DF9490611E97.jpeg Crust

Sausage, good. A little heavy on the sauce. A nice amount (read, a lot) of onions and a correct amount of cheese.

5DA8F5FC-7BA2-4948-8700-FAB9055FAD26.jpeg

All in all a great pie!

I’d be willing to bet mushrooms wouldn’t dampen it too much. :)

Thanks for the recommendations!
  • Post #229 - March 18th, 2019, 10:44 am
    Post #229 - March 18th, 2019, 10:44 am Post #229 - March 18th, 2019, 10:44 am
    Plans for the week...

Tuesday Brew Day (3-19 from 4:45 to 6)

Macushla Brewing Co

I’m a regular. :)

Friday Lunch Out (3/22 from 12:15 to 1:15)

Good to be back on my regular schedule!

Recommended and well visited...

Chun Ju (or Jeon Ju or Jeon Joo or Jeonjoo or Jun Joo or Golden Chopstick or Korean Restaurant) :)
    5707 Dempster Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053

I do know the Goat Stew (yum sul tang or jeuk suk yum so bok um) is popular but I might explore some of the other items on the menu and save the stew for others. :)
  • Post #230 - March 20th, 2019, 8:43 am
    Post #230 - March 20th, 2019, 8:43 am Post #230 - March 20th, 2019, 8:43 am
    I plan to come. Still looking for an online menu.
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #231 - March 20th, 2019, 10:00 am
    Post #231 - March 20th, 2019, 10:00 am Post #231 - March 20th, 2019, 10:00 am
    diversedancer wrote:Still looking for an online menu.

Their Yelp! page has almost 20 photos of the menu. This is as good as you'll get online.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/jeonju-korean-restaurant-morton-grove
  • Post #232 - March 20th, 2019, 11:03 am
    Post #232 - March 20th, 2019, 11:03 am Post #232 - March 20th, 2019, 11:03 am
    diversedancer wrote:I plan to come. Still looking for an online menu.

I think I might guess what you are planning to order. :)
  • Post #233 - March 20th, 2019, 1:05 pm
    Post #233 - March 20th, 2019, 1:05 pm Post #233 - March 20th, 2019, 1:05 pm
    bweiny wrote:Their Yelp! page has almost 20 photos of the menu. This is as good as you'll get online.

I only see 4 different menu pages among the many copies... And I thought somebody claimed there was an appetizer portion of the goat stew, which I don't see listed. Also I note that the menu gives Wednesday hours (at least for lunch), but the yelp page says closed, so I wonder if the whole menu posted there is obsolete.
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #234 - March 20th, 2019, 1:39 pm
    Post #234 - March 20th, 2019, 1:39 pm Post #234 - March 20th, 2019, 1:39 pm
    diversedancer wrote:
    bweiny wrote:Their Yelp! page has almost 20 photos of the menu.
    I only see 4 different menu pages among the many copies... And I thought somebody claimed there was an appetizer portion of the goat stew, which I don't see listed. Also I note that the menu gives Wednesday hours (at least for lunch), but the yelp page says closed, so I wonder if the whole menu posted there is obsolete.
    There's 4 different pages of menu because the menu is 4 pages long. Numerous duplicates should only serve to reinforce that fact.

The pictures are less than 2 yrs old, the most recent only 6-7 mo's ago. Because the lunch special lists all weekdays, despite being closed Wed's, you'd disregard the whole thing? It's not a Supreme Court opinion. Small, particularly non-naturally English speaking owned, restaurants make those innocuous typos frequently. Why would you think some other online source for the menu would be more trustworthy?

Were you looking for an online menu, or some imagined unimpeachable version that confirmed all your expectations and more?
  • Post #235 - March 20th, 2019, 1:43 pm
    Post #235 - March 20th, 2019, 1:43 pm Post #235 - March 20th, 2019, 1:43 pm
    My wife's office is near there, I've been for lunch many times, dinner also.
    Closed Wed, goat stew $10.95 single portion. Goat for two with all the trimmings $29.95.

Goes by a few names, can be confusing. Also mentioned in the Tribune's Korean roundup today.

JeonJu Korean Restaurant
    LTH Thread
    5707 Dempster St
    Morton Grove, IL 60053
    11am - 10PM
    Closed Wednesday
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #236 - March 20th, 2019, 1:45 pm
    Post #236 - March 20th, 2019, 1:45 pm Post #236 - March 20th, 2019, 1:45 pm
    G Wiv wrote:Closed Wednesday

Argh. Don't remind me (but thanks, for reminding me)! :lol:

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #237 - March 20th, 2019, 1:51 pm
    Post #237 - March 20th, 2019, 1:51 pm Post #237 - March 20th, 2019, 1:51 pm
    G Wiv wrote:Goes by a few names, can be confusing.

When looking for the menu either in Google or on Yelp be sure to search for all the names...

Chun Ju
    Jeon Ju
    Jeon Joo
    Jeonjoo
    Jun Joo
    Golden Chopstick
    Korean Restaurant

... were the ones I found (so far). :)

I would imagine on the simpler ones I would include the street.
  • Post #238 - March 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm
    Post #238 - March 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm Post #238 - March 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm
    bweiny wrote:
    diversedancer wrote:
    bweiny wrote:Their Yelp! page has almost 20 photos of the menu.
    There's 4 different pages of menu because the menu is 4 pages long. Numerous duplicates should only serve to reinforce that fact.

The pictures are less than 2 yrs old, the most recent only 6-7 mo's ago. Because the lunch special lists all weekdays, despite being closed Wed's, you'd disregard the whole thing? It's not a Supreme Court opinion. Small, particularly non-naturally English speaking owned, restaurants make those innocuous typos frequently. Why would you think some other online source for the menu would be more trustworthy?

Were you looking for an online menu, or some imagined unimpeachable version that confirmed all your expectations and more?

Merely "wondering" if it is obsolete results in a long personal attack on me? Trying to drive people away from LTHForum? I figured that comment might result in someone suggesting that one of the other uncountable treavel/restaurant sites that might have a different version. And yes, in my experience when I have spent more time researching, I have OFTEN found different generations of menus on different web sites., occasionally more than one revision on the same web site.
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #239 - March 20th, 2019, 6:10 pm
    Post #239 - March 20th, 2019, 6:10 pm Post #239 - March 20th, 2019, 6:10 pm
    You said you were looking for an online menu, so I provided a link to the best menu available online. Instead of accepting reality for what it is, you complained that it was less than what you expected, then tried to question whether it was even valid information based on a ridiculous premise.
    diversedancer wrote:Trying to drive people away from LTHForum?
    I don't know what this means. I typically root for you because you're so insufferable in terms of overpreparation and trying to plan things within a comically long set of parameters.
    diversedancer wrote:And yes, in my experience when I have spent more time researching, I have OFTEN found different generations of menus on different web sites., occasionally more than one revision on the same web site.
    That's exactly what Yelp gives you, with a date letting you know what is most recent. Everything you've said after begs the question what exactly you thought could be out there. That's what's so irritating. Nothing could've satisfied you.
  • Post #240 - March 21st, 2019, 11:10 am
    Post #240 - March 21st, 2019, 11:10 am Post #240 - March 21st, 2019, 11:10 am
    diversedancer wrote:Merely "wondering" if it is obsolete results in a long personal attack on me? Trying to drive people away from LTHForum? I figured that comment might result in someone suggesting that one of the other uncountable travel/restaurant sites that might have a different version. And yes, in my experience when I have spent more time researching, I have OFTEN found different generations of menus on different web sites., occasionally more than one revision on the same web site.

Why not appreciate the time people spent digging stuff up to reply to you. Criticizing the messenger who went to bat to find information for you isn't a good idea. It may affect another person's willingness to try to help you.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    for the moderators
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more