LTH Home

Free Rein

Free Rein
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Free Rein

Post #1 - November 26th, 2018, 1:24 pm
    Post #1 - November 26th, 2018, 1:24 pm Post #1 - November 26th, 2018, 1:24 pm
    I still miss GreenRiver. The food of chef Aaron Lirette was so good, and so beautifully presented. When I heard he would be the executive chef of Free Rein, I resolved to go as soon as the opportunity presented itself. I met a friend for brunch, and ordered the lox platter. Toast, creme fraiche, pickled shallots and capers accompanied deeply flavorful smoked salmon. Soft boiled eggs and toast is a favorite combination from childhood. Here the eggs are poached, and that, combined with the rest of the components on the plate made for a delicious meal. I can’t wait to go back for dinner.

Free Rein
    224 N Michigan Ave.
    Chicago, IL
    Reservations via OpenTable
    73A692FE-CE22-49FB-8E2D-A952CF920FBD.jpeg Lox Platter
  • Post #2 - December 12th, 2018, 10:36 pm
    Post #2 - December 12th, 2018, 10:36 pm Post #2 - December 12th, 2018, 10:36 pm
    They know their way around an omelette, too, although when I was there a few months back, there wasn't much choice (only an omelette aux fines herbes on the menu), and it was, for my taste. a bit too heavy on the tarragon; but otherwise juicy and well-made, and not like the dry crepe-like versions I've been getting at so many Chicago restaurants lately.
    "The fork with two prongs is in use in northern Europe. In England, they’re armed with a steel trident, a fork with three prongs. In France we have a fork with four prongs; it’s the height of civilization." Eugene Briffault (1846)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more