LTH Home

Northwest Highway/Nagle and Lakeview/Roscoe Village

Northwest Highway/Nagle and Lakeview/Roscoe Village
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Northwest Highway/Nagle and Lakeview/Roscoe Village

Post #1 - June 26th, 2004, 1:05 pm
    Post #1 - June 26th, 2004, 1:05 pm Post #1 - June 26th, 2004, 1:05 pm
    Hello.

Wondering if there are any good places to eat for lunch around Northwest Highway and Nagle? Preferably walking distance, or a very short bus ride away would be fine. Open to all suggestions for semi-quick lunch.

Also, good places to eat on border of Lakeview/Roscoe Village, along the Brown Line? I'm interested in inexpensive, authentic Asian (Thai, korean, vietnamese, japanese), Italian, Middle Eastern foods. Really open to anything. Also like pizza.

Thanks!
  • Post #2 - June 26th, 2004, 2:38 pm
    Post #2 - June 26th, 2004, 2:38 pm Post #2 - June 26th, 2004, 2:38 pm
    gtrekker2003 wrote:Hello.

Wondering if there are any good places to eat for lunch around Northwest Highway and Nagle? Preferably walking distance, or a very short bus ride away would be fine. Open to all suggestions for semi-quick lunch.

Also, good places to eat on border of Lakeview/Roscoe Village, along the Brown Line? I'm interested in inexpensive, authentic Asian (Thai, korean, vietnamese, japanese), Italian, Middle Eastern foods. Really open to anything. Also like pizza.

Thanks!

Slightly to the Northwest of there, in Edison Park is Tony's deli (not walking distance, but worthe the drive) for pretty good italian subs. If you go, make sure you get one made while you wait rather than one of the pre-made ones.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #3 - June 27th, 2004, 1:56 pm
    Post #3 - June 27th, 2004, 1:56 pm Post #3 - June 27th, 2004, 1:56 pm
    Here's some answers on the Roscoe Village end:

Near Paulina stop, there are assorted places along Lincoln heading toward Belmont. A couple of the sushi places like Amy are fairly reasonable and okay, not great. Susie China is pretty old school greasy Chinese, there's no Thai (except the late-night-only River Kwai) until you get to Thai Linda west of Damen on Roscoe. But that's getting to be a hike.

Closer to the Addison stop, Red Corner is a typical diner with a few Israeli touches on the menu. The taco/burrito place just south of the Dunkin' Donuts has a few specials that raise it above the average, slightly. That's about it, really, for cheapish ethnic-- beyond that you're looking at the Wishbones and Kitsch'Ns of the world.

Here's something I posted on Red Corner on another board about 2 years ago:

I often travel the city-- if not quite so ruggedly as some (for one thing I'm usually in a car)-- in search of new culinary adventures. And yet, like most of us I suspect, there are places in my own neighborhood that I've ignored for years.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more