LTH Home

"Authentic" Romanian restaurant(s)?

"Authentic" Romanian restaurant(s)?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • "Authentic" Romanian restaurant(s)?

- August 5th, 2005, 7:37 pm
    - August 5th, 2005, 7:37 pm Post #1 - August 5th, 2005, 7:37 pm
    Likewise wow! I cannot thank you enough. I don't know how much you know (or care) about Romanian food but next time I/we go, you are my guest.

I haven't been in Romania for a couple years now, but very much miss the food. Were it not so difficult (for a passel of reasons), I would have checked out Bucovina as soon as I'd learned of it. You didn't say, but I imagine that the decor is not likely to have improved significantly since the days of Vox Maris (incidentally a very popular name for restaurants and clubs throughout Romania). I look forward to their menu, whenever it's convenient for you to scan.

BTW, the mamaliga looks to me like mamaliga cu brinza--mamaliga topped with a crumbled semi-soft, salty cheese (the most generous portion I think I've ever seen, per your pic)--a real classic. And the mic (aka mititei, pronounced "meech") look plump and juicy. Hope they are as garlicky and good as they appear. My mouth is already watering.

Nelly's, too, sounds worth a visit (or two). Menus entirely in Romanian aren't too terribly challenging, I don't think, and maybe we need a Bucharestathon or something to offer an intro to those terminally curious about a lesser-known and sadly under-appreciated cuisine.

I must confess that between the website and the reports of the menu (above-noted sauerbraten and paprikash), I am less than completely eager to consider Continental Cafe a Romanian place, especially given what appears to be serious and bona-fide competition.

My hat is off to you, sir! I shall save a glass of tuica (that's TSWEE-ka) for you.

Multumesc,

Gypsy Boy
    Last edited by Gypsy Boy on August 15th, 2005, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more