• Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - May 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm
    Post #31 - May 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm Post #31 - May 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    Panther in the Den wrote:Sagil's Restaurant
    6814 W 87th St, Burbank
    (708) 598-0685

Small diner with some Lithuanian offerings.

Not bad!

Dang! Stopped by today with visions of Kuglis dancing in my head only to find out the restaurant had changed hands 4 months ago and has a new name and menu.

Asked if they still offer Lithuanian and got a flat "No". She tried to sooth me by mentioning they sometimes have pierogies and polish sausage as a special.

Pie Lady wrote:Is that still the case? Their FB suggests it's still Lithuanian.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/cafesmilga/ ... e_internal

Different restaurant.

Even though the title of the thread was Smilga it turned into a point of focus for all Lithuanian restaurants.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #32 - May 6th, 2019, 3:04 pm
    Post #32 - May 6th, 2019, 3:04 pm Post #32 - May 6th, 2019, 3:04 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:Even though the title of the thread was Smilga it turned into a point of focus for all Lithuanian restaurants.

Ah, gotcha.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write fiction. You can find me—and some stories—on Facebook, Twitter and my website.
  • Post #33 - May 6th, 2019, 3:31 pm
    Post #33 - May 6th, 2019, 3:31 pm Post #33 - May 6th, 2019, 3:31 pm
    Looks like Sagil's in Burbank is closed. But Smilga in Darien seems to be the same, at least according to what I can find online. Similar names, but different joints.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more