LTH Home

Barnaby's Family Inn - Pizza

Barnaby's Family Inn - Pizza
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm
    Post #61 - August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm Post #61 - August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:With the way things have been going this year, seeing Barnaby's pop up on the new posts list made my heart race a little. VERY glad to hear the report was good and that it wasn't notification of anything closing!!!

Was also fun to run into your first-ever post here! :D

=R=

I vaguely remember thinking that since the majority of the Barnaby's thread was positive, and the one really nasty reviewer got hazed a bit, this group was alright and worth investing time in. 8 years later, I'd say that was a good bet!!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #62 - September 9th, 2017, 1:02 pm
    Post #62 - September 9th, 2017, 1:02 pm Post #62 - September 9th, 2017, 1:02 pm
    Ok, this is going to be a controversial proclamation: Barnaby's Niles may actually be superior to Northbrook. We had another lunch here this week that was every bit as good as the previous one. Yes, 2 lunches is a very small sample size but eat-in over eat-in, at least at the moment, Niles is the better bet. And fwiw, this guy agrees. :lol:

=R=
    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Another beer before happy hour to put me in the mood for drinkin', uh huh huh, oh, forget thinkin' --Beaver Nelson

I find it a matter of note that in New York or Terre Haute, school cookies always seem to be oatmeal --Mr. French
  • Post #63 - September 9th, 2017, 2:36 pm
    Post #63 - September 9th, 2017, 2:36 pm Post #63 - September 9th, 2017, 2:36 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote: And fwiw, this guy agrees.

Good to know that gentleman is still thriving.
    Rereading that classic thread, I am wondering if my shift in preference from pepperoni to sausage can be traced back to my first reading of that thread.
    :?
  • Post #64 - September 12th, 2017, 12:41 pm
    Post #64 - September 12th, 2017, 12:41 pm Post #64 - September 12th, 2017, 12:41 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Ok, this is going to be a controversial proclamation: Barnaby's Niles may actually be superior to Northbrook. We had another lunch here this week that was every bit as good as the previous one. Yes, 2 lunches is a very small sample size but eat-in over eat-in, at least at the moment, Niles is the better bet. And fwiw, this guy agrees. :lol:

=R=
    :o :o :shock: :shock: I can't believe what I just read. It's been a long time since I had the Niles location and I have long since wrote it off. My brother had it earlier this year and said compared to Northbrook it was s***. Could it have changed that dramatically in a few months? Ronnie, since you also had written them off in the past, why not ask them if they changed anything?
  • Post #65 - September 12th, 2017, 2:25 pm
    Post #65 - September 12th, 2017, 2:25 pm Post #65 - September 12th, 2017, 2:25 pm
    Ram4 wrote:Ronnie, since you also had written them off in the past, why not ask them if they changed anything?

Hell, I don't want to jinx it! :lol:

Walking into the place, it feels like nothing's changed in many, many years. But on a future visit I may bring it up if the opportunity presents itself.

Fwiw, the pizza reminds me of how Northbrook's often is . . . seems like the same ingredients, with the cheese being a little more plentiful/gooey-er. The outside of the crust is braided rather than scalloped but other than that, it seems the same and it tastes identical.

=R=
    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Another beer before happy hour to put me in the mood for drinkin', uh huh huh, oh, forget thinkin' --Beaver Nelson

I find it a matter of note that in New York or Terre Haute, school cookies always seem to be oatmeal --Mr. French

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more