LTH Home

Barnaby's Family Inn - Pizza

Barnaby's Family Inn - Pizza
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Barnaby's Family Inn - Pizza

- December 1st, 2005, 1:40 pm
    - December 1st, 2005, 1:40 pm Post #1 - December 1st, 2005, 1:40 pm
    I love Barnaby's and have been a regular customer at the Northbrook store for, well, about 30 years. Summers during high school, I used to work at Ravinia and the Northbrook Barnaby's was one of the few places near the park that was actually open after we got off work. Even these days, we order lunch from that Barnaby's about 2x per month and everyone in the office loves it. I've passed down my admiration of Barnaby's to my son who also considers it his favorite. I miss the days when the "Your Pizza is Ready" lights were mounted on each table and would flash when the time was right. I'm sure my son would have loved that part of the show as well.

But, not only is their pizza delicious, it is a truly unique product. I think that's the main reason why the place has such a draw. When the mood hits, there is nowhere else but Barnaby's which will satisfy. The "corn meal-assisted" crust is probably my favorite pizza crust of all-time. I also think their burgers, especially the 1/2 Black Angus burger, are outstanding.

The place does incredible business, too. I was there a few weeks ago on a Friday evening and for most of our 90 minutes there (5:30-7:00), the line spanned from the registers, all the way through the dining room, to the entrance. The were a few moments when it shortened up a bit we were sitting halfway between the register and the entrance and there were folks standing next to us (waiting in line) during our entire stay.

=R=
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more