LTH Home

Rosscoe's Chicken and Waffle's

Rosscoe's Chicken and Waffle's
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - April 9th, 2008, 9:31 pm
    Post #61 - April 9th, 2008, 9:31 pm Post #61 - April 9th, 2008, 9:31 pm
    According the channel 2 news, they are changing the name to "Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles" ( :? )

Roscoe's is still suing for damages.
  • Post #62 - April 9th, 2008, 9:37 pm
    Post #62 - April 9th, 2008, 9:37 pm Post #62 - April 9th, 2008, 9:37 pm
    tem wrote:According the channel 2 news, they are changing the name to "Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles" ( :? )

Roscoe's is still suing for damages.

Yes. Kevin Pang had a follow-up story earlier today at the Trib's web site:

Chicago's Rosscoe's is Rosscoe's no more.

A trademark infringement lawsuit over two like-sounding restaurant names took one step toward resolution Wednesday. Darnell Johnson, owner of Chicago's Rosscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles, agreed to change the name of his Bronzeville restaurant to Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #63 - January 3rd, 2010, 8:36 pm
    Post #63 - January 3rd, 2010, 8:36 pm Post #63 - January 3rd, 2010, 8:36 pm
    The Wife, in a balls-out display of hardcore top-of-the-morning ordering verve, went with the chicken livers and fries.

We got, no kidding, about a pound of chicken livers, maybe more. I’m guessing that with all the chickens they process in the kitchen, they get a lot of livers, and the cooks are probably happy to reduce their inventories of the organ. This was enough hepatic tissue for a table of eight. I ate a bunch, with hot sauce, and they were fine – The Wife liked them a lot.

What we both liked most, somewhat surprisingly, were the fries.

They were previously frozen, but lightly coated with batter, quite toasty and tasty, with catsup.

Chicago’s Home of Chicken and Waffles
    3947 S. King Dr
    773-536-3300
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #64 - October 14th, 2013, 6:15 pm
    Post #64 - October 14th, 2013, 6:15 pm Post #64 - October 14th, 2013, 6:15 pm
    Had lunch here today and everything was spot on. We arrived about noon and were seated after about a 15 minute wait. When we left a little after 1PM there was still about the same steady line to get seated.

I ordered the Alicia's 'licious, 3 wings perfectly fried and crispy,a huge serving of red beans and rice which had a nice little kick to them,and corn bread. We ordered a side of the Mac and Cheese to share,and if I had known it was that good I would have ordered it as an entree. Others in the party had the chicken and waffles. Everyone left happy and satisfied. EZ street parking or a lot right across the street.

Chicago’s Home of Chicken & Waffles
    3947 S. King Dr.
    773-536-3300
    Sun - Thurs 9am - 9pm,
    Friday and Saturday 9am - 11pm

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles