LTH Home

Schwa: I Was There When

Schwa: I Was There When
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Schwa: I Was There When

- July 21st, 2006, 8:23 am
    - July 21st, 2006, 8:23 am Post #1 - July 21st, 2006, 8:23 am
    We went last night, and had we not dined at Per Se earlier in the week, would have thought the dinner was one of the best things we'd had in quite a while ;) It was good, but it isn't Per Se - though I think that sort of meal is more where it deserves comparison, it's not nearly as similar to Alinea.

Many of the dishes we had were the same as listed above, including the quail egg ravioli (which I thought was good, but I thought they should have made the pasta thinner). The one spoon thing was confit of eggplant. The caviar was on avacado and cauliflower puree. We were there with another couple, so they gave use 2 different desserts (one per couple) to share. We had the chocolate cake, which was outstanding, and an olive-oil cake with berries and some sort of berry pannacotta or something with that texture, truffle cheese, and a white chocolate truffle milkshake. Good, but my husband vastly preferred the chocolate cake.

Our reservation was at 7:30 and we finished around 10. A bit long for a mid-week dinner. They had tables open, but people did keep coming in, even at 9 pm.

The chef asked us how everything was, and we were effusive in our praise, which I suspect he's heard a lot - he seemed not terribly interested saying "yeah, yeah" - but perhaps he was just busy.

We enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how often we'll be back. It's definitely a destination restaurant, not a neighborhood hang.
    Last edited by leek on July 21st, 2006, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more