LTH Home

Aroy Thai

Aroy Thai
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 7 of 7 
  • Post #181 - May 6th, 2018, 6:44 am
    Post #181 - May 6th, 2018, 6:44 am Post #181 - May 6th, 2018, 6:44 am
    stevez wrote:Easily, the best place to see the menu is at the table right before you order.
    Sage advice, though I'd add for ordering ideas this 180-post LTH thread is an excellent resource which I reviewed yesterday before the bride and I accompanied four nieces and nephews, who had been to Thailand, to Aroy for dinner.

Aroy was firing on all 12-cylinders, from Sai-ua/Issan sausage combo starter to perfect mango w/sticky rice finish. Tom Yam Beef Ball and Tender Soup group consensus highlight though one demure polite niece actually went 'prison style' on Choo Chi ground pork with over easy eggs wrapping an arm around the dish and glowering at anyone who came near.

A wonderful lingering meal paired w/Cotes du Rhone and sour beer.

Aroy Thai, Count me a Fan!
    Last edited by G Wiv on May 6th, 2018, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sauce on the side, always, implied, axiomatic..........never a doubt, BBQ sauce without.

Low & Slow
  • Post #182 - May 6th, 2018, 9:09 am
    Post #182 - May 6th, 2018, 9:09 am Post #182 - May 6th, 2018, 9:09 am
    We were there Friday night and had another excellent experience. New-to-us dishes were the stir-fried morning glory pictured upthread and Northern Larb fried rice. The morning glory is posted on the wall as a special, so possibly not found on online menu searches, and described by our server as "water spinach". I rarely find sauteed green veggies in Thai restaurants, a la peapod leaves or other items in Chinese restaurants, and like how it balances some of the heavier dishes. The fried rice had some spice and funk, slivers of offal, plus sausage on the side. We would order both dishes again.
    Edited to add: Just ate the leftover Norther Larb fried rice with a sunnyside up egg, and think it would be worth intentionally saving leftovers or ordering seconds just to duplicate this experience.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more