LTH Home

Northwest Indiana Food

Northwest Indiana Food
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - May 6th, 2010, 9:04 pm
    - May 6th, 2010, 9:04 pm Post #241 - May 6th, 2010, 9:04 pm
    Da Beef wrote:After enjoying the BBQ from Uncle Johns at Calumet Park we crossed the border and went over to Cabela's. My friend had never been and I wanted to show him what I consider to be one of the coolest stores in America. I'm a city boy so I dont know much about the outdoors and rugged lifestyle of sitting in a tree chair 40 feet in the air for 12 hours while covered in deer piss waiting for bambi to pay a visit. But I do love the outdoors and enjoying them until I'm ready to head back to my cabin with AC, cable and a hottub. I swear I almost feel like I'm in the Northwoods or Canada when I'm in this store. They got it all. I love the store made fudge caramel apple flavor from the general store.

When we drove past Schoops on Indianapolis in Whiting, my buddy said "oh man I didn't know they had a Schoops this close" and I said hell yea. We've been backing the Mickey against Redamaks cheeseburger whom another buddy insists is better since we were spending summer wkds at his parents place in Michigan City back in high school. I love me some Chick Fil A too but I wish Schoops would make the move into the city, then we would be set. Since we were right there and I hadnt been in a while and I had driven past Schoops a few too many times of late, I had to stop in. As good as it ever was.

bada bing bada bing

Schoops
    1449 South Indianapolis Boulevard
    Whiting, IN 46394-1132
    (219) 659-7030
    Website w/ other locations

Cabelas
    7700 Cabela Drive
    Hammond, IN 46324
    (219) 845-9024

$7.49 for a dbl cheeseburger by itself? Didn't Schoops used to be fairly inexpensive?

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more