LTH Home

Is there bad pizza in the Chicago area?

Is there bad pizza in the Chicago area?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 4 of 4 
  • Post #91 - May 14th, 2019, 11:38 am
    Post #91 - May 14th, 2019, 11:38 am Post #91 - May 14th, 2019, 11:38 am
    WhyBeeSea wrote:So I'll tell you my strong opinions on what I'm eating, but I'll still eat it all even if it's terrible.

That's how I feel about bad pizza, whether it's a chain or family run business.

I might try something once, but if it’s bad, never again.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #92 - Yesterday, 1:36 pm
    Post #92 - Yesterday, 1:36 pm Post #92 - Yesterday, 1:36 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    Rene G wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:You left out my LOL emoji when you quoted me.

I think thetrob tried to quote you correctly. Here's the code:

Code: Select all
    [quote="ronnie_suburban"][quote="thetrob"][quote="ronnie_suburban"]
    Imo, they're pretty bad.  Having to feed a bunch of children is not a meaningful measure of quality.  Otherwise, I'd still eat at Old Country Buffet once a week.  In any event, starting kids on bad pizza is a gateway mistake that can only lead to bad taste and bad palates down the road. :lol:

=R=[/quote]

My kids ate enough Dominos as kids and their palates survived with no problem.  They won't touch the stuff now.[/quote]
    Yes, understood.  You left out my LOL emoji when you quoted me.

=R=[/quote]

Just yesterday, in another thread, I tried to post a response that included a quote with an essential emoji. Everything appeared properly except the emoji was missing. I tried troubleshooting, but eventually just gave up and didn't post. I didn't want to "misquote" the person.

Thanks, Peter, for the heads up. Flame wars have erupted over less, especially on threads about pizza! :D

=R=

Is there any solution? This is a general, persistent problem. Whenever I try to quote a post containing an emoji, the emoji fails to appear even though the proper code is present. If I delete the quote code tags (with no other changes), the emoji is displayed as it should be. I assume everyone has this problem. Often it's of little consequence, but sometimes it results in a "misquotation," as you noticed earlier.
  • Post #93 - Yesterday, 1:45 pm
    Post #93 - Yesterday, 1:45 pm Post #93 - Yesterday, 1:45 pm
    Rene G wrote:Is there any solution?

Just use the old txt emoticons.

:O
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #94 - Yesterday, 2:55 pm
    Post #94 - Yesterday, 2:55 pm Post #94 - Yesterday, 2:55 pm
    Rene G wrote:Is there any solution? This is a general, persistent problem. Whenever I try to quote a post containing an emoji, the emoji fails to appear even though the proper code is present. If I delete the quote code tags (with no other changes), the emoji is displayed as it should be. I assume everyone has this problem. Often it's of little consequence, but sometimes it results in a "misquotation," as you noticed earlier.

This is now part of the "package" of issues we'll be addressing (with some outside help). Unfortunately, I can't provide a timeline.

Thanks,

=R=
    for LTH
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #95 - Today, 6:57 am
    Post #95 - Today, 6:57 am Post #95 - Today, 6:57 am
    The jumbo slices from any of the Bacci Pizzeria locations are usually disappointing. Taking a slice home and baking it to firm up the crust usually helps.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more