LTH Home

Candlelite - New chef, new pizza crust

Candlelite - New chef, new pizza crust
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Candlelite - New chef, new pizza crust

- October 17th, 2006, 10:36 am
    - October 17th, 2006, 10:36 am Post #1 - October 17th, 2006, 10:36 am
    I'm happy to report that the garlic fries at Candlelite are back! Not that they had really ever left, but it was reported above they were using different fries. Mr. X and I were there about a week ago after returning from vacation to a bare cupboard. (Not really true, but who really wants to cook after a long flight?) We wandered over to Candlelite to split a burger and the beloved garlic fries. The fries were lukewarm, skinny and devoid of any real garlic. In speaking with the bartender, he asked if we preferred the old style or new style and we strongly said "old!"

Fast forward to yesterday's Bears game. Both garlic fries and regular fries were ordered. Garlic fries were thick, hot and reeking of garlic. Regular fries were the skinnier version. (We found out that the regular fries are fresh, handcut? while the garlic fries are frozen.) The great garlic fries are back!

The pizza, on the other hand, disappointed. We ordered the Popeye Pesto extra-crispy with sausage. We thought it was flavorless. The crust tasted like cardboard to me and that was not a result of the crispiness. It was just blah. I usually don't order light on the cheese because I like cheese, but this was blah cheese. The sausage didn't add any zest either. It had been a while since I had a Candlelite pizza and this didn't inspire me to rush back for pizza. But oh, those garlic fries!

On our way out, I believe I spied GWiv at the bar. Perhaps he will have additional comments on Candlelite.

-The GP

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more