Chefs

Posted September 22nd 2010, 11:12am
Driving up the Pacific Coast Highway out of LA, what could be better than a seaside stop in Malibu for some fried fish?

Lunch for two:
Fried fish, clam strips and fries, grilled fish taco and clam chowder. While everything was delicious, the fried fish was outstanding-- moist and juicy with a batter thinner and crispier than any tempura I can remember. The chowder was the other winner, rich and loaded with clams and potatoes.

We enjoyed our little feast at a picnic table, watching the ocean lap at the beach. It's a good life.

Malibu Seafood
25653 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265
(310) 456-3430
Posted September 22nd 2010, 12:41pm
Since you avoided Gladstones 4 Fish, you did great :lol:
Posted September 22nd 2010, 2:38pm
chitrader wrote:Since you avoided Gladstones 4 Fish, you did great :lol:

Funny you should mention that. Driving by the other day, I recalled meeting a friend for a beer at Gladstone's on a previous trip and, at the time, making a mental note never to eat there.
Posted September 23rd 2010, 7:06am
Moonshadows was barely passable as decent for the price and considering it's on the water. I don't think I'd go back on my own dime, though

We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
Posted September 23rd 2010, 8:16am
seebee wrote:Moonshadows was barely passable as decent for the price and considering it's on the water.

I would put Duke's Malibu in a similar category. My parents lived on the wrong side of Topanga Canyon from Malibu, and Moonshadows & Duke's were places for a drink and nosh, more about the ocean & less about eating.

Duke's Malibu
21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, California 90265
(310) 317-0777
http://www.dukesmalibu.com/

Home Cookin'

Online Information