LTH Home

I-65, Chicago to Nashville--late night BBQ?

I-65, Chicago to Nashville--late night BBQ?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • I-65, Chicago to Nashville--late night BBQ?

- June 7th, 2004, 3:36 pm
    - June 7th, 2004, 3:36 pm Post #1 - June 7th, 2004, 3:36 pm
    Thursday evening, friends and I begin a journey from Chicago to the Manchester, TN, for several days of camping, music, eating, drinking, and I'm not quite sure what else. I'm not sure how much room our itinerary leaves us for stops along the way, but I aim to be prepared.

My specific request is for a late night BBQ stop in southern Indiana or northern Kentucky.

The plan is to depart Chicago on Thursday night at about 7:00. We should be in Louisville by midnight and arrive at the campground sometime before sunrise. Our route will pretty much follow I-65. I would love to find a Kentucky BBQ pit open around midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm not hopeful, but if anyone has any recs, please pass them on. Any other tips are appreciated too, but we're not going to be doing any fine dining. A good 24-hour diner (or reasonably late-night diner) with stellar country ham would be great too. Since we're leaving relatively late, and hopefully on full stomachs, well, time will be the most difficult variable to satisfy, but we're open to all sorts of food, especially if we can get it quick and take it on the road.

We will be driving back on Monday, same route, during the day, and likely stopping in Bardstown, so I'm happy to take recs that aren't related to late-night dining for the return leg, again with an emphasis on good BBQ close to I-65. And if anyone has good Bardstown recs or a preferred distillery to visit, or even a great liquor store where we can stock up on bourbon, that'd be great too.

Thanks,

Aaron

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more