Deep Dish Pizza

Posted March 24th 2007, 7:48am
So, my Dominick's is one of the stores that is closing. Currently, the entire store is 50% off. Last went in on Thursday, and the shelves are dwindling rapidly. All of the hard booze / beer is gone, so stocked up on wine, there was PLENTY left. On the food side, while most ppl were stocking up on Chef Boyardee cans, the S/O and I, after wandering through the aisles aimlessly for a while, decided to check on the expensive stuff. Found some Rancher's Reserve Filet, Kerry Gold butter, snazzy Balsamic (soooo goood!) saffron threads, vanilla beans, etc. We'll go back tomorrow hoping it goes 75% (store is slated to close on Monday, I believe) and probably bring the big coupon bag with us. Question: Any other thoughts on what you would target at half (maybe more) off? This may be a good idea list for others too in a neighboorhood with a Dominick's closing. They are closing several stores soon.

We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
Posted March 24th 2007, 9:16am
When the Cub foods near me closed, they weren't quite as aggressive on price until the last week. But I was still able to stock up on:

- specialty marinades and sauces with a long expiration date, such as Stubb's chicken marinade
- 8oz. packages of cheese
- frozen peas and Ora-Ida country style hashed browns, and
- bathroom supplies, such as saline nasal spray, toothbrushes, a package of glyoxide, bandaids, etc.

"Fried should unify us, as opposed to tearing us apart. " - Bomani Jones
Posted March 24th 2007, 3:26pm
Here is a list of Dominick stores closing:
The stores that will close by early April are:

* 8847 S. Harlem Ave., Bridgeview
* 968 Sibley Blvd., Calumet City
* 3300 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago
* 6623 N. Damen Ave., Chicago
* 5829 S. Archer Ave., Chicago
* 13180 S. Cicero Ave., Crestwood
* 7241 Lemont Road, Downers Grove
* 535 Dundee Ave., East Dundee
* 325 E. Army Trail Road, Glendale Heights
* 1020 Waukegan Road, Glenview
* 1295 E. Ogden Ave., Naperville
* 8900 Greenwood Ave., Niles
* 7401 W. 25th St., North Riverside
* 722 W. Rollins Road, Round Lake Beach

Posted October 12th 2011, 5:04pm
Rumor is that Dominick's is closing their Carpentersville store on Randall Road.
Confirmed by 2 phone calls to the store yesterday.

Not in the news yet.

Dominick's
2411 Randall Rd
Carpentersville, IL 60110
(847) 844-7609
Posted October 13th 2011, 8:43am
I wonder how many people on average work at a Dominicks? That's alot of lost jobs looking at that list.

Posted October 13th 2011, 8:48am
kenji wrote:I wonder how many people on average work at a Dominicks? That's alot of lost jobs looking at that list.

Keep in mind that the list above is from 2007.

-Mary
LTHForum Trip to Peru

Online Information