LTH Home

Homemade Edible Gift Ideas?

Homemade Edible Gift Ideas?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - December 12th, 2011, 6:16 pm
    Post #61 - December 12th, 2011, 6:16 pm Post #61 - December 12th, 2011, 6:16 pm
    nancy wrote:I like to make membrillo this time of year since you can easily find quince (devon mkt) I usually can it but you can
    also pour it out and cut it to give with a hunk of manchego--this is a nice gift. I do lots of jam making and also love
    using Weck jars. They are a little expensive, but beautiful and are distributed here in IL

Nancy, I know it's been a few years but how much do the quince run at Devon Market?
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #62 - December 12th, 2011, 10:44 pm
    Post #62 - December 12th, 2011, 10:44 pm Post #62 - December 12th, 2011, 10:44 pm
    I made some goats' milk caramel last weekend. Easy and far better than the salted caramel sauce I've previously made. It's much more complex. I used a Rick Bayless recipe that calls for the addition of Mexican cinnamon.
  • Post #63 - November 22nd, 2012, 2:00 pm
    Post #63 - November 22nd, 2012, 2:00 pm Post #63 - November 22nd, 2012, 2:00 pm
    It's that time of year. I'm making Ferber's quince jam with Nostradamus Spices, but it is several days and $20 worth of quince so not inexpensive but discounting my labor ( I like doing this) it's probably less than $6 per jar.
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more