LTH Home

Quadrant of Cow

Quadrant of Cow
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Quadrant of Cow

- January 9th, 2008, 8:57 am
    - January 9th, 2008, 8:57 am Post #1 - January 9th, 2008, 8:57 am
    Looking for something else, I stumbled across this post and realized I haven't been updating it. My liver terrine went over pretty well, nice to add it to the cheese tray that came out over the holidays. Next up, chopped liver and Leverpastej!

Just made my first oxtail stew, and, boy - now I understand why those things are so expensive! Kind of like chicken feet in the gelatin-y velvet mouthfeel the sauce, but with serious beefy flavor. Unfortunately, one cow's worth of oxtail wasn't really enough for even 3 people, so I rounded it out with a "meaty soup bone" (sic) which rendered lovely medula, (marrow) making me wish I knew what happened to the legs of this critter. Of course, we wound up with leftovers.

A Firehouse find - the 'spouse told me they had pot-roast over spaghetti squash one night. I tried this with the leftover oxtail/soup bone stew and it was absolutely excellent! Lighter than noodles or mashed potatoes - in a good way. Even Sparky, who loathes vegetables in the orangey-yellow spectrum, snarfed it down.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more