LTH Home

Smoke meat everyday...

Smoke meat everyday...
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 54 of 54 
  • Post #1591 - November 27th, 2018, 1:25 pm
    Post #1591 - November 27th, 2018, 1:25 pm Post #1591 - November 27th, 2018, 1:25 pm
    leek wrote:Can I put the whole thing under the underhang, and not worry too much about melting the plastic with the starter? It would be on the bottom of the grill itself then, and well beyond 5 feet from the overhang, but I know flames and heat shoots up. If I need to leave the starter beyond the overhang, do I have to put it on cinderblocks, or can it sit right on the 1/4 inch cement board?

I'd leave it right under the underhang. If you want to make yourself feel better get the chimney really going with a full load and hold your thermometer right under the underhang. Or just feel the overhang with your hand; if it's very hot then you know you have a potential problem. But I doubt you will. I think you'll be surprised at how much heat dissipates.

JMO,
    Dave
  • Post #1592 - November 27th, 2018, 4:39 pm
    Post #1592 - November 27th, 2018, 4:39 pm Post #1592 - November 27th, 2018, 4:39 pm
    BadgerDave wrote:
    leek wrote:Can I put the whole thing under the underhang, and not worry too much about melting the plastic with the starter? It would be on the bottom of the grill itself then, and well beyond 5 feet from the overhang, but I know flames and heat shoots up. If I need to leave the starter beyond the overhang, do I have to put it on cinderblocks, or can it sit right on the 1/4 inch cement board?

I'd leave it right under the underhang. If you want to make yourself feel better get the chimney really going with a full load and hold your thermometer right under the underhang. Or just feel the overhang with your hand; if it's very hot then you know you have a potential problem. But I doubt you will. I think you'll be surprised at how much heat dissipates.

JMO,
    Dave

Thanks, Dave. That's some really good advice.

=R=
    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more