LTH Forum Holiday Party

Posted May 30th 2008, 10:31pm
Hi, does anyone know where to buy those cute mini butter cookies (looks like a flower) that they use at Potbelly's? Not in bulk like at Potbelly's. Thank you.
Posted June 2nd 2008, 6:46am
I swear I have seen them at my Jewel. (Milwaukee & Oakton) in Niles. I am actually going there today so I will let you know if I see them.

The clown is down!
Posted June 2nd 2008, 12:02pm
OK they are in the cookie aisle and they are on sale this week!

The clown is down!
Posted June 2nd 2008, 9:04pm
Just so you know, they changed their recipe for the Salerno Butter Cookies a few years ago. I posted about this about a year ago and Cathy2 chimed in she had noticed it too. Unfortunate. They were my favorite cookies as a kid, now they are nothing like they used to be. The texture is much more crispy, like they used a whole lot of butter flavored shortening. They are no longer as "soft" or "tender" like they were two years ago.
Posted June 2nd 2008, 11:44pm
Thanks Jeanne! Hopefully my local Jewel has them too.

Thanks for the info Jeff - I prefer them softer too - I wonder if the mini-ones are even harder since they are smaller. Will let you know once I try them.

Site Admin
Posted June 3rd 2008, 7:17am
jeffcoloma wrote:Just so you know, they changed their recipe for the Salerno Butter Cookies a few years ago. I posted about this about a year ago and Cathy2 chimed in she had noticed it too. Unfortunate. They were my favorite cookies as a kid, now they are nothing like they used to be. The texture is much more crispy, like they used a whole lot of butter flavored shortening. They are no longer as "soft" or "tender" like they were two years ago.

That's probably because these days they are no longer made in the same plant (on Caldwell & Howard) and they seem to be Butter Cookies in name only. No butter is harmed in the production of Salerno Butter Cookies.

Steve Z.

"Why should I eat a carrot when I can eat pizza?" - Dan Janssen
Posted June 13th 2008, 5:40pm
Finally made it to Jewel and they were on sale again! Thanks Jeannebean! They were much softer/crumblier/more fragile/flakier (lots of broken pieces) than I remembered. They were good but can tell it's not real butter. When I had them on my shake at Potbellys a few years ago, they seemed more solid and more formed.
Get a Taste of Burma

Online Information